PDA

View Full Version : Just an old issue I'm bringing back up...

XMuppetSB
10-02-2013, 10:04 PM
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?95199-Problem-with-4-way-ladder-with-diagonal-movement-turned-on

As mentioned in this old thread, the ladder can be really buggy with diagonal movement enabled. But some of these ladder problems happen when diagonal movement is disabled.

XMuppetSB
12-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Let me clarify this again.

Here's one problem I've always had with using the ladder with diagonal movement turned on:
If Link uses the 4-way ladder on a solid ladder only combo, ladder/hookshot combo, or water combo, and he steps onto the combo from the left or the right, he can step off the ladder in any direction except up, unless he steps onto it at the very top pixels. Yet, if he steps onto the combo from the top or the bottom, he can still step off in all 4 directions. Yet, I haven't had this problem with diagonal movement turned off.

Here another thing about the ladder that's really irritating:
With Diagonal Movement turned off, Link uses the Ladder at every step in Sideview Gravity, whereas with Diagonal Movement turned on, the only times he uses the Ladder in Sideview Gravity is when trying to walk upwards or when crossing over a gap.