PDA

View Full Version : What should we do in honor of Glenn?

Nightmare
09-28-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm proposing three things:

1. Combine his CGBZ quest with his nth Quest Entry, and pretty much make it "Memorial Quest".
2. Make his nth Quest Entry the 5th Quest, and make the current contest for the 6th Quest
3. Leave everything "as is", leaving things in his perspective.

What do you think?

-James

Zim
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Someone should rejuvenate his body by infusing it with metamorphic amphibian DNA strands whilst being very careful not to corrupt his already developed smartness. Jesus? Janus? Any takers?
DO IT!
Someone should call Marle too. She can cast Life 2.

Okay, maybe not the frog thing.. But seriously.. I heard a story once or twice about a guy that can resurrect people.
I believe it's too early to presume that he's gone forever.

SUCCESSOR
10-01-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't think CGBZ and Glenn's "4th" quest would match.

5th quest isn't going to be 6th quest.

Which leaves "Leave as is." Which mysteriously has "as is" in quotations... O.o

ctrl-alt-delete
10-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Parenthesis...quotation..same thing, right?

Being at work its hard for me to chime in.

5th quest contest should be left alone. Glenn's quest should have the bugs removed and be added as "The Great Quest."

Either on the opening screen or after the quest is beaten, there should be a tribute screen.

I'll elaborate more on why I think we should go this route when time presents itself.

Gleeok
10-02-2013, 05:18 AM
I've just played through Glenn's Nth quest a few days ago: TOC: 5 hours; Death Count: 6. Besides some large balancing issues and LV9 bugs it is pretty good. Unfortunately we don't know if he worked on it at all for the 5th quest, but even so: As a stand-alone quest it is pretty clever and has some good moments.

I personally don't think the style would fit too well with the EZGB set, but I wouldn't stop anyone from doing an alternate graphical version in the tileset that Glenn himself had created.

I've also heard that his 3rd quest (2001?) was very good also, and lost mainly because it was too easy. Does anyone have a copy of that..or are they the one and same?

Nightmare
10-04-2013, 03:03 PM
http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=projects&id=94

Kept "as is" in style, overlayed the music in accordance to what I gathered from Glenn's family. (Z3 music mostly, with LA as regular bosses and Frog's Theme as Lv. 9). Enjoy!

One room changed that was blank to a DN tribute.

(and we all know it's unbalanced)

-James

Chris Miller
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
I put a dedication to him at the very end of my 5th quest submission.

ctrl-alt-delete
10-04-2013, 03:37 PM
http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=projects&id=94

Kept "as is" in style, overlayed the music in accordance to what I gathered from Glenn's family. (Z3 music mostly, with LA as regular bosses and Frog's Theme as Lv. 9). Enjoy!

One room changed that was blank to a DN tribute.

(and we all know it's unbalanced)

-James

Glenn's family?

Nightmare
10-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Glenn's family?

Yes, they put up a site called the "Glenn Owens Memorial", which I contacted and they told me what he liked as music and stuff.

-James