PDA

View Full Version : Glenn the Great missing.

SUCCESSOR
09-27-2013, 04:28 AM
https://local.nixle.com/alert/5068344/

I guess he's been gone at least 3 days. His car was found. Hopefully he's okay.

MasterSwordUltima
09-27-2013, 05:43 AM
At first I thought this was a joke, but holy shit - that's totally him. This is legit, folks.

Goriya
09-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Wow...I wake up, hoping today was gonna be a good day, and I see this...hope he's okay. :(

SUCCESSOR
09-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Hopefully that bastard is just in the woods somewhere jacking off to some survival shit. Dammit, Glenn, tell people where you are going. If you pull a 127 hours type shit and come back gimp with an epic survival story I am going to drive 15 hundred miles to put my foot up your ass.

ShadowTiger
09-27-2013, 12:21 PM
How did you find that, Successor? Was it brought to your attention, or was there somehow an instinctive drive to find an article about him?

Either way, I hope he shows up to grace us with his presence with many a fine tale from the deep dark woods, and possibly the head of a dragon to mount up on his wall.

Binx
09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Yikes, I hope he's OK.

Majora
09-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Where in the world is CarGlenn SandiOwens?

ctrl-alt-delete
09-27-2013, 02:21 PM
I saw something on Glenn's Facebook about it and messaged Successor.

Hope he's okay and just went hunting or something. But not like him to miss work.

I was thinking 127 hours type stuff too, but I'm scared something far more nefarious happened here.

Worried about you, Glenn. Thoughts and prayers buddy.

Mercy
09-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know if Glenn actually hunts or camps? It is still a little early for hunting in GA so I would not worry about an accidental hunter shooting but shite happens in the woods. Hopefully he just found some hot chippy that has been keeping him occupied for the past few days. Or a hot chip--no judgements here.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Yeah, he does both. But he's constantly in contact with people.

Somebody said "he's not okay" on Facebook. I'm hoping that's speculation but I've messaged that person for clarification.

SUCCESSOR
09-27-2013, 03:52 PM
How did you find that, Successor? Was it brought to your attention, or was there somehow an instinctive drive to find an article about him?

Either way, I hope he shows up to grace us with his presence with many a fine tale from the deep dark woods, and possibly the head of a dragon to mount up on his wall.

Kolt and I are friends with Glenn on FB. He texted me(and scared the crap out because I was sleeping) about it last night. Some of his friends have been posting updates.

Someone mentioned he was talking about hunting but they also say it is very unusual for him to not be in contact with the people he is close to.

Chris Miller
09-27-2013, 05:24 PM
I think he'll be okay.

Gleeok
09-27-2013, 06:23 PM
When you say "they found his car" I'm guessing it was not parked outside his house, in which case I'm sure the first thing people did was look at the surrounding vicinity over an x mile radius...

CJC
09-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Fingers crossed that he's okay.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Guess I'll be the one to share the bad news.

I'm at work so I'll let SUCCESSOR give the details but they found Glenn's body today.

For now, all I'll say is rest in peace, buddy. AGN and the ZC community will never forget your contributions here.

Gleeok
09-27-2013, 09:00 PM
:frown::frown:

Ventus
09-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Oh man what happened to him? this just saddens the shit out of me... :(

May him rest in peace he'll be missed greatly...

Nightmare
09-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Does anybody have his old 3rd Quest entry still? I say we update it and put it in ZC as a tribute, even if it is as a demo quest.

What does everyone think?

-James

SUCCESSOR
09-27-2013, 09:47 PM
I wish I had good things to share. My phone is dying and I don't want to rush this so I will post details in a bit.

SUCCESSOR
09-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Glenn's car was found near a hunting camp he liked to go to with a friend. After searching the area the police found his body. He was in full camo and was apparently hunting. He suffered a gunshot wound to the head and his death is being investigated as a homicide.

Obviously we won't know for sure all the details until there's an official police report.

CJC
09-27-2013, 11:31 PM

When I heard they found the body I was really hoping he had just suffered a snake bite while hunting.

MottZilla
09-28-2013, 12:13 AM
I was startled when I came across a message about Glenn missing. I was hoping and expecting it to be some minor incident where people thought he was missing but wasn't. I am really shocked to hear he is gone. It's hard to believe. I hadn't talked to him in awhile but it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago. His family and closest friends are probably really devastated. =( Glenn will be missed.

Ventus
09-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Glenn's car was found near a hunting camp he liked to go to with a friend. After searching the area the police found his body. He was in full camo and was apparently hunting. He suffered a gunshot wound to the head and his death is being investigated as a homicide.

Obviously we won't know for sure all the details until there's an official police report.

Damn... this Is just awful I don't know what else to say except my condolences goes out to his family and close friends... I didn't know him very well but damn we are all family here on this forum... and this is like losing a older brother it saddens me greatly...

King Aquamentus
09-28-2013, 11:54 AM
I was startled when I came across a message about Glenn missing. I was hoping and expecting it to be some minor incident where people thought he was missing but wasn't. I am really shocked to hear he is gone. It's hard to believe. I hadn't talked to him in awhile but it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago. His family and closest friends are probably really devastated. =( Glenn will be missed.

I've actually been concerned about this type of experience over at Pure, interestingly enough. I think it's better to learn he passed through a proper thread :(

ctrl-alt-delete
09-28-2013, 01:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/GlennOMemorial

The only information the parents are divulging is that he "passed unexpectedly" for obvious reasons.

This is an ongoing investigation people. I trust you will use good judgment on what you say here.

CJC
09-28-2013, 03:20 PM
There is nothing more to be discussed in this thread.

Let us instead share our stories about him here. (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?96043-RIP-Glenn-the-Great)

Thread closed.