PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Uninstall ZC?

Gruntbuggly
09-19-2013, 03:19 PM
I installed the latest Windows version of ZC. As has happened to many others, I can't play full screen and windowed mode is too small. I checked the FAQ and the DGXL wiki. I already have the latest version of Visual C++ 2010 x86. Stick a fork in me cuz I'm done fighting with Zelda.

I went back to the game folder. There's no uninstall or unwise file, nor does Zelda appear in my Installed Programs (Win8). Is this a stand-alone app that was not actually installed, or do I need to do something to clean this up?

Thanks.

cbailey78
09-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi Gruntbuggly, Welcome to the AGN Forums! I wouldn't recommend installing ZC via installer. I would just download zip version instead and extract them to the folder. I would recommend using the ZC Launcher. It has all the options you need to get the program working you wanted. There is a screen resolution under the ZC tab and set it to the appropriate size you wand like 960x720.

With uninstalling the program, I think you'll just have to delete the folder you installed.

Hope this helps.

Saffith
09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah. We don't have a proper installer, so there's no uninstaller, either. You just delete it.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Reading through this thread MIGHT help. (Particularly my post and the bottom post.)

http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?95818-Windows-8-loads-all-glitchy

It worked for me. :(

Also, as above, you can make the windowed screen bigger.

Majora
09-20-2013, 01:35 PM
To uninstall ZC on Windows 8 you pop in a Windows 7 Installation DVD and follow the instructions after backing up all your important data.