PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Game Endings

Blanka
09-19-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't know about any of you, but I was really disappointed at Resident Evil 4's ending. All of my hard work just to see Leon and some woman ride away on a Sea-doo. C'mon!

CJC
10-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Koudelka had a disappointing ending if I recall correctly. Unless you spot this incredibly well hidden MISSABLE trinket in the middle of the game, when you get to the last boss she melts your face. Totally lame.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-09-2013, 06:35 PM
A recent example occurred with Mass Effect 3, although, IMHO that was more a symptom of a change in direction that occurred starting with the previous game's "Arrival" DLC, than just a bad ending in general.

For Zelda related games, Link's Awakening hands down, killing off an entire island and leaving link stranded in the ocean, I don't know what Nintendo was thinking.

I'm half tempted to say credits only endings qualify, though, I must admit that it is indeed a better option than an ending that is truly crappy. To pick the crappiest game ending of all time is truly a tall order, but those would be some decent suggestions.

SUCCESSOR
10-09-2013, 07:20 PM
For Zelda related games, Link's Awakening hands down, killing off an entire island and leaving link stranded in the ocean, I don't know what Nintendo was thinking.

You bring up THE best story in the Zelda series as a bad ending? You may not like it but it beats the endings of most if not all Zelda games hands down.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-09-2013, 08:03 PM
If it makes you feel better, it's not just my opinion (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/handheld-zelda/115181-links-awakening-ending-thoughts.html). LA was a great game, but plenty of people hated its ending. Lost Isle, despite being an extremely dark version of LA, actually had a HAPPIER ending, albiet, only just, and only because of a post-game reveal.

Blanka
10-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi Everyone.:)

MK Armageddon let me down big time. I was so excited to use every character and see their special endings. All they did for each character's ending was a stupid paragraph of crap while the character does his or her kata in the background. They could have done much better. Whoever was responsible for creating those endings should be incarcerated.

SUCCESSOR
10-10-2013, 12:47 AM
If it makes you feel better, it's not just my opinion (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/handheld-zelda/115181-links-awakening-ending-thoughts.html). LA was a great game, but plenty of people hated its ending. Lost Isle, despite being an extremely dark version of LA, actually had a HAPPIER ending, albiet, only just, and only because of a post-game reveal.

I don't feel bad or good that so many hated such a good story. it is unfortunate though. Would it affect you if I posted a link where lots of people say how much they love the ending? Of course not. Opinions aren't often based on quality but people's expectations and appreciations of what they experience. LA's ending wasn't entirely happy-go-lucky and that bugs many Zelda fans who's self-esteem probably required one, but it is by no means a bad ending.

:sly:

Nightmare
10-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Super Mario Bros. 3. Nearly threw the controller at the screen first time I saw it (a heavy NES Advantage too)

-James

Blanka
10-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Nightmare

Yeah. 3's ending wasn't the best.

Aliem
10-10-2013, 04:03 AM
I was never very fond of Final Fantasy V's ending.

I'd say Quest 64, but that whole game was shit.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't feel bad or good that so many hated such a good story. it is unfortunate though. Would it affect you if I posted a link where lots of people say how much they love the ending? Of course not. Opinions aren't often based on quality but people's expectations and appreciations of what they experience. LA's ending wasn't entirely happy-go-lucky and that bugs many Zelda fans who's self-esteem probably required one, but it is by no means a bad ending.

:sly:

Well, I don't want to derail this thread, if you wish to discuss it elsewhere I'll happily oblige you, but can we keep the insulting insinuations out of it please? That's the kind of thing Breaker and biggiy used to do.

SUCCESSOR
10-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, I don't want to derail this thread, if you wish to discuss it elsewhere I'll happily oblige you, but can we keep the insulting insinuations out of it please? That's the kind of thing Breaker and biggiy used to do.

Talking in depth about a tangent of the topic isn't derailing it. I did imply that you might have low self esteem. I guess I might as well have banned you for no reason or harassed you because you aren't someone I favor. I get it. You can't take a little joshing.

ON WITH THE TOPIC!

I'd say Quest 64, but that whole game was shit.

I didn't finish the game but I enjoyed what I played. Didn't it have almost no story what so ever? I'd imagine the ending was equally hollow.

Blanka
10-10-2013, 10:48 PM
How about them San Antonio Spurs! All ready to dominate in this coming season.:chuncky:

Tim
10-11-2013, 03:04 AM
I did like Quest 64 but the game was definitely lacking in some departments.