09-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Ogre Battle
The World Ends With You
Mother 3 (Earthbound series)
Star Fox
Mega Man (ya, I went there capcom)

CJC
09-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Personally, the one game that I wish would get a legitimate sequel (but never will) is Spore.

Yes, I know they made a bunch of radial Spore games that were meant to be more 'action' oriented and even 'darker', but the original game had a lot of great ideas that just didn't get executed properly. And rather than rework it in a sequel that could redistribute those features in a better way, EA threw the baby out with the bath water.

To be specific, the things I would like to see in Spore 2 are:

The ability to create species of more than a trivial complexity. With the game as presented, it's impossible to create anything more complex than two pairs of limbs and a head.
The ability to create actual apparel for the species by 'coating' joints, rather than using 'sticker' apparel that usually clips through models like crazy.
The ability to change 'scope', zooming in and out during any stage to revisit the mechanics of a previous stage (which in the standard Spore sit wasted in the game after you have cleared that stage of the alien's life-cycle).

If I get to pick a second, then I'd say I want to see a GOOD sequel to the Fable Series (I don't count any of their ancillary games, like the stupid thing with the carriage). I legitimately wrote a pitch to LionHead regarding a slightly more modern setting for the game (involving a recreation of the Hero's Guild utilizing technology developed from the Spell Gauntlets of the last king... with a twist), but I never mailed it because of the extensive international postage fees (it wouldn't have achieved anything, anyway).

Do you care to elaborate about what you'd like to see in your choices?

Aliem
09-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Chrono Cross, Half-Life 2 episode 2 (:P), Radiata Stories, the .Hack franchise.... Ni No Kuni, Vagrant Story.

King Aquamentus
09-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Startropics. I'm just saying, I've never seen Mike throw a boomerang, and throwing is kind of his thing.

SUCCESSOR
09-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Act Raiser. I've been waiting since I was like 12.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Did the sequel not count because it was more action focused?

SUCCESSOR
09-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Did the sequel not count because it was more action focused?

They did a great job improving the sidescrolling action but it doesn't cone close to making up for half the game being missing.

Tim
09-24-2013, 05:11 PM
There's quite a few games that had sequels that were mentioned..

Gleeok
09-25-2013, 02:01 AM
I actually wish they would make another Star Ocean. I sort of feel that after one more iteration of designs they could get it right, and stop the "tales of" franchise from having a monopoly on the genre. If the Tri-Ace guys could put all the Square-Enix guys in charge of all the cut-scenes and voice-acting I think they could pull one off.

Aliem
09-25-2013, 03:41 AM
Startropics. I'm just saying, I've never seen Mike throw a boomerang, and throwing is kind of his thing.
Another Star Tropics would be so incredible. Do want.

MasterSwordUltima
09-25-2013, 06:21 AM

But he Master Higgins those katanas like crazy.

Nothing has ever been quite as radical as Star Tropics. A third game is so overdue it's not even funny.

Xyvol
09-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Shadow of the Colossus. Who wouldn't want more giant monsters to climb around on?

Chris Miller
09-25-2013, 09:32 PM
A 3D remake of Zelda 2 would rule.

Aliem
09-26-2013, 03:06 AM
A 3D remake of Zelda 2 would rule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO6LcmvGM8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orsteUF9Y8

I don't think either are done, but I think they're both playable to some degree.

Chris Miller
09-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I saw those a couple of years ago. The project stopped a while back. I was thinking more along the lines of OoT-style gameplay and graphics.

SUCCESSOR
09-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I saw those a couple of years ago. The project stopped a while back. I was thinking more along the lines of OoT-style gameplay and graphics.

So you want them to ruin the game?

King Aquamentus
09-27-2013, 10:38 PM
What would you think of the idea of Mike going into space for the third game?

MasterSwordUltima
09-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Motherfucker, Mike went into space in the first game. Then he went through time in the second. It's only plausible that he would shrink down and go inside someone's body or a computer or something in the third. Magic School Bus rules.

Blanka
10-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Chrono Cross, Half-Life 2 episode 2 (:P), Radiata Stories, the .Hack franchise.... Ni No Kuni, Vagrant Story.Radiata Stories was awesome!

zcfan27330
10-29-2013, 12:14 AM
I'd like to see a Super Mario World or SMB 2&3 like the SMB lost levels here and SMB 2 in japan

Jirin
10-29-2013, 11:43 PM
I thought there was a Startropics 2.

On a related note though (Two games I associate very strongly), CRYSTALIS!

I always wanted to see a FFVI: War Of The Magi.

Out of all the Final Fantasies that have received remakes, sequels, movies, and are nowhere near as good as Final Fantasy VI. We have this thing established in this awesome game where espers and humans were living peacefully side by side then there was a war between them, why has this never been exploited then far less deserving Final Fantasies have been milked dry?

King Aquamentus
10-30-2013, 08:55 AM
No he didn't, that spacecraft never even left the atmosphere. I'm talking about a third game where he goes planet-hopping

@New guy: Just because I say Startropics sequel doesn't mean I'm referring to Zoda's Revenge. The point of the thread is sequels you would like to see made.

zcfan27330
10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
One of the biggest mistakes that Nintendo ever made was making the Startropics sequel not for the SNES, think how awesome it could of been.

Some others I'd like to see Zelda II: The second quest, like how Zelda I had a second quest.

Jirin
10-31-2013, 12:21 AM
No he didn't, that spacecraft never even left the atmosphere. I'm talking about a third game where he goes planet-hopping

@New guy: Just because I say Startropics sequel doesn't mean I'm referring to Zoda's Revenge. The point of the thread is sequels you would like to see made.

Pardon me, I seem to have misinterpreted people's comments to mean they want Startropics to get 'a sequel' instead of 'another sequel'. My mistake. Nice status move though.

I still say Crystalis before Startropics though. I suppose a new Crystalis would be like Ys and a new Startropics would be like Zelda. Unless it was a fan who made the sequel I don't think any current company would put in the nasty deathtraps of Startropics.