PDA

View Full Version : No Map Input After Pressing A

LinktheMaster
09-02-2013, 09:09 PM
It seems that after hitting the A button, any attempts at pressing the Map Button will fail until you press some other button (B, Start, any direction, etc.). This bug presents itself in scripting (neither Link->InputMap nor Link->PressMap return true after pressing A), and it can also be replicated in default ZC as well (try it in NewFirst). Furthermore, it also seems that forcing input via scripting does not resolve it, as I tried to do that as a workaround. :tongue2:

Edit: Upon further testing, it appears the issue is with me using the left Alt button as the "A" button. If I change the A button to something else, it works fine. This is probably due to the fact that default Windows behavior is to have the alt button trigger menus. Not sure if there's a way for you all to override that or not.

SUCCESSOR
09-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Edit: Upon further testing, it appears the issue is with me using the left Alt button as the "A" button. If I change the A button to something else, it works fine. This is probably due to the fact that default Windows behavior is to have the alt button trigger menus. Not sure if there's a way for you all to override that or not.

Why in the world anyone would choose to use ALT for a game input is beyond me. Not only does it cause issues(back in the early days it would crash ZC on my pc because Windows would pull it out of fullscreen mode) but the location is just awful. Then again since I started using emulators ~14 years or so ago I've used ASDF almost sxclusively.

LinktheMaster
09-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Well, it is the default button for ZC, so at this point I've just gotten used to it. If I'm doing any serious quest playing, I use a controller. :tongue2: