PDA

View Full Version : Whisp Ring and Strength 0 Jinxes?

CJC
08-25-2013, 05:20 AM
I've encountered a strange little inconsistency with the description of the Whisp Ring and its actual function. With Divisor Set to 0 and the permanent jinxes->temporary box checked, the ring should be able to prevent any jinxes. It seems to do so perfectly with Item Jinxes (being touched by an item bubble has no effect on Link's ability to use equipment; in fact he can even use his items as he's being struck). With Sword Jinxes, however, Link loses the use of his sword just as if he didn't have a ring. The only impact the Whisp Ring has is the removal of permanence.

This is where I'm confused; I'm not sure which of the two effects the Whisp Ring is supposed to have (Immediate Jinx Removal or simply permanence prevention).

I can provide a quest sample if necessary.

EDIT: Extra info
The Whisp Ring has an equipment level of 1. The Divisor is set to 0. Both Equipment Item and Temp Jinxes are checked, and the Jinx Strength is 2 (so it handles both types of jinxes).

XMuppetSB
08-26-2013, 02:04 AM
For the whisp ring's misc 1 property, 1 is for sword, 2 is for items, and you have to sum up the values, so you'll have to set it to 3 in order for it to affect both kinds of jinxes.

CJC
08-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Oh, thank you.

I thought it wanted me to use the same values that the enemy editor does (0 for swords, 1 for items, 2 for both). No wonder it wasn't doing anything to the sword bubbles.