PDA

View Full Version : Critical Fullscreen and resoultion bugs in Windows Port.

ZeldaFanCirca1993
08-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Ok I've tried adjusting Windows' Desktop resoultion as well as the resolution options on the launcher but to no avail.

Here is what I'm working on:
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro w/Media Center
Experience Rating: 5.9/9.0 (Based on my Dinosaur of a HDD!)
Processor: Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50GHz
Memory 6GB (4GB usable)
64bit OS (not that it should matter)

Radeon HD 5000 Series Graphics Card
1 GB Video Memory

The problem: Launch ZC Launcher and select fullscreen and any resolution then start Zelda Classic it will pop up with a maximized black window which fades and comes back about 4 times then Zelda Classic closes automatically!
Choosing a resolution with window mode set does nothing, no matter what the setting is chosen it always runs on 640x480 video mode.
Zelda classic editor does the window flashing thing too when fullscreen is enabled. It shows up fine on my screen in classic mode w/ window mode at 2x but looks microscopic in window mode with the 2.5 mode set.

Basic thing is it looks tiny and horrible in window mode, unusable in fullscreen, and the editor is almost impossible to see in window mode.

Note: I'm using Windows 8 but I strongly belive it is a programming problem NOT the OS;s hang up.
Any mention of windows 8 being the sole culprit will be reported.

EDIT: delete this thread... not needed. I followed CTR ALT DEL advice on the subjectr in a different thread and now it works perfectly so this thread is a waist of space.

icedawg
09-05-2013, 10:20 PM
For others (like myself) whom are having the same problem, the potential solution is located in this thread: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?95818-Windows-8-loads-all-glitchy&p=897284