PDA

View Full Version : Damage combos in Sideview

XMuppetSB
08-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Okay, here are some problems I've been having with damage combos in sideview:
1. Fully solid floor spikes in sideview; if Link walks onto them from the right, he can sometimes walk across them without getting hurt, but sometimes, he gets hurt when he reaches the middle of the combo, whereas if he tries to walk onto them from the left, he gets hurt as soon he touches the edge of the spikes. This seems to be the case with diagonal movement; with classic movement, however, Link seems to always get hurt by the floor spikes when he reaches the middle of the combo walking from either side.
2. Fully solid ceiling spikes in sideview; if Link bumps his head on these while jumping, they don't affect him at all, unless the large Link hit box check box is checked. With Diagonal movement, the ceiling spikes hurt Link only if he walks up against them or if he's moving left or right while jumping. With classic movement, they only hurt him if he's walking up against them.

Test quest:
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/xmuppetsb/ZC%20Content/Test%20Quests/spiketest.qst

XMuppetSB
07-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Okay, the above behaviors are still occurring in 2.50.1 RC 2. But I discovered another odd behavior with the ceiling spikes in sideview. If diagonal movement is turned off and the Large Hit Box is turned on, then if Link is standing between 2 damage combos, they don't hurt him if he walks up against them, whereas with diagonal movement turned on, the damage combos do hurt him if he's standing between them.

Saffith
08-18-2014, 02:06 AM
I worked on it some. It probably isn't perfect, but it should be pretty close.

XMuppetSB
08-27-2014, 01:30 AM
Well, the damage combos in sideview are working much more properly now.