PDA

View Full Version : Enemy wall bug.

Gleeok
08-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Confirmed for teleporting wizzrobes and Gleeok heads (for NES dungeon rooms). They can basically go into walls where there is a doorway. Wizzrobes can also appear 1-tile deep into walls.

Doesn't happen with one of my older dev builds, which probably means it was a small change right around 2.5, or slightly before. (I did not label it by revision unfortunately.)

Not really sure why.

SUCCESSOR
08-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Confirmed for teleporting wizzrobes and Gleeok heads (for NES dungeon rooms). They can basically go into walls where there is a doorway. Wizzrobes can also appear 1-tile deep into walls.

Doesn't happen with one of my older dev builds, which probably means it was a small change right around 2.5, or slightly before. (I did not label it by revision unfortunately.)

Not really sure why.

Wizzrobes aren't supposed to spawn in walls? I thought it was a good way to nail doorway campers.

Binx
08-15-2013, 01:19 PM
That's evil. I'm totally stealing that idea.

Imzogelmo
08-15-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm fairly certain teleporting Wizzrobes on the NES can appear in doorways and walls. The gliding ones can definitely get you in the door too.
I'm not sure about Gleeok heads, but I wouldn't be too surprised to find that they can get you too. Then there's Patra, they can wrap around the screen and get you from the other side. :P

SUCCESSOR
08-15-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm fairly certain teleporting Wizzrobes on the NES can appear in doorways and walls. The gliding ones can definitely get you in the door too.
I'm not sure about Gleeok heads, but I wouldn't be too surprised to find that they can get you too. Then there's Patra, they can wrap around the screen and get you from the other side. :P

No enemies ever entered walls or doorways in LoZ. Honestly I thought the change had something to do with the rules like being able to attack at the edge of the screen.

Imzogelmo
08-15-2013, 06:16 PM
I have a working NES that says otherwise, but just in case that isn't good enough, it's pretty much common knowledge:

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Wizzrobe#The_Legend_of_Zelda (search for "enter into the doorways")

http://www.gamehiker.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wizzrobe (search for "hides in the doorway")

SUCCESSOR
08-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I remembered incorrectly then. It has been at least 10 years since i have actually played the original game on ROM or NES.

Gleeok
08-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Well, I meant that the Wizzrobes appear in walls, not doorways, just to be clear. Nightmare has a LP of the demo first quest where you can see it in LV 6....somewhere. I'm not sure if that's an NES thing though.

The Gleeok-heads issue can break a few old quests for sure, however. Not sure if this is an NES fix either.