PDA

View Full Version : Possible Warp return bug

fireyf
08-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I have a screen with a level entrance and a hidden stair under an Armos statue. I set Tilewarp A's (the level entrance) warp return to warp return B and Tilewarp B's (the hidden stair) warp return to warp return B. The problem I'm having is that both come out on warp return A.

fireyf
08-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Anyone????

CJC
08-16-2013, 07:49 PM
I need more information. Does one of the warps lead to a cave? Going in, I mean.

Caves are set up to use the 'A' return point, so if that is the case I recommend trading their functions. Set Warp A to be the intended cave return and Warp B to be the dungeon return, then use the 'B' side warp in the dungeon entrance. That might fix your problem.

fireyf
08-16-2013, 09:02 PM
One is a cave and one is a dungeon entrance, the one under the armos statue. Went into the dungeon and set the side warp to use warp return B. And set the tile warp to enter the dungeon to that also. Seems to have done the trick.
I thought that the warp return point was set soley on what you set in tile warp/side warp. Never realized that the cave had a built in warp return point. Also, being called a warp return I thought that it meant where you come out when returning from where that warp sends you. ie, I go in this door to enter the dungeon so when I come back out I'll go to the warp return point. It's my first quest so I'm still learning. Thanks for your help.

CJC
08-16-2013, 09:16 PM
One is a cave and one is a dungeon entrance, the one under the armos statue. Went into the dungeon and set the side warp to use warp return B. And set the tile warp to enter the dungeon to that also. Seems to have done the trick.
I thought that the warp return point was set soley on what you set in tile warp/side warp. Never realized that the cave had a built in warp return point. Also, being called a warp return I thought that it meant where you come out when returning from where that warp sends you. ie, I go in this door to enter the dungeon so when I come back out I'll go to the warp return point. It's my first quest so I'm still learning. Thanks for your help.
No problem.

I suppose a better way to describe them would be Warp Arrival points. They're relatively new, actually; earlier versions of Zelda Classic had only one warp arrival point per screen (which became the 'A' point). That's why caves only use that return point.