PDA

View Full Version : Steam Summer Sale

mrz84
07-23-2013, 09:48 AM
With the Steam Summer Sale ending yesterday, I'm actually amazed that I purchased what I did. Sales are crazy that way I guess.

Here's a list of what I bought:

Torchlight 2
RPG Maker VX Ace (I'm planning on making some Bar-Buddies based RPGs with it pretty soon)
Magical Drop V
Reus
Terraria (I was originally gonna get the 360 version, but this one went on sale first so ya)
They Bleed Pixels
Sword of Vermilion (Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Classics)

I also have demos for Chantelise and Fairy Bloom Freesia (both from the creators of Recetear: An Item Shop's Tale)

I already had Team Fortress 2 (which is F2P anyway), Source Filmmaker, and Garry's Mod.
I also got a coupon for 33% off of Rush Bros for crafting a badge (can't remember which one), but I'm not interested in that game so I'm trying to trade it before it expires on the 30th along with an extra card for Garry's Mod (Thrusters) and an emote :B1: if anybody's interested.

So did anybody else get anything interesting? Anything we can play multiplayer in? Let me know if you're interested (I'm Author#2 on Steam, so drop me a message or friend request or something)

ShadowTiger
07-23-2013, 01:28 PM
I got quite a bit, actually.

Farming Simulator 2013 (I have no patience for it.)
Bioshock Infinite. Finished it. Simply beautiful.
Strike Suit Zero
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Far too many attacks for my control scheme setup.)
Worms Revolution (Far slower than I remember.)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. I need an actual controller to play it.
Dragon Age: Ultimate. SO GOOD.

I'm pretty sure there was a bunch more, but I don't remember them. I'm just checking off the ones I've actually played.

Aliem
07-23-2013, 10:41 PM
I walked away with Bioshock Infinite, Fable, Alan Wake, Half-Life 2 with both episodes, The Witcher, and The Witcher 2.

It's a shame school starts in a month.

rock_nog
07-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Honestly, as a result of past Steam sales, I noticed I pretty much owned everything I was interested in already. Not too much new really caught my eye this year. I did pick up Fallout: New Vegas, though, and I sold all my Summer Sale trading cards to pick up a couple of TF2 costume pieces (I really don't care about having the Summer Sale badge). Actually, that's something I really love about the Steam Market. Most stuff only goes for a few cents, so you're not going to make any real money selling stuff (the money stays in your Steam wallet anyway), but it's great how you can sell something you don't want for a few cents and then pick up something you do with the money you made. It's especially great with the new trading card system, because trading cards are a great source of unwanted junk to sell (unless you're actually going after the badges - and even if you are, sometimes you get duplicate tradings cards).

Oh, I also picked up Gotham City Impostors, though technically that's F2P anyway, but I've been having a blast with it, and it's not the kind of game where you really feel the need to spend money in the cash shop to enjoy it.

Brasel
07-25-2013, 09:09 AM
I picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Gunpoint, and Terraria. I didn't go crazy becasue my wife lost her job this summer. No monies.