PDA

View Full Version : Packaging in More Quests with Zelda Classic (not official quests)

Nightmare
07-22-2013, 06:37 PM
I think that Zelda Classic should have some packaged in quests as well as the 3rd, 4th, and Demo EX.

Some candidates:

New Quest (would be willing to turn the rights over to AGN)

AlphaDawg's Unofficial 3rd Quest

Hidden Duality: Director's Cut

The Revenge 2

Various remakes of the 1st and 2nd Quest in new graphics tiles and updated
Like this (which I am working on): http://youtu.be/stECQZT6Fh8

Something relatively newer (Titan's Quest certainly qualities, others might be cool as well, taking a vote might be a good way to go on this too)

I think it would promote some variety and give people a deeper meaning of what Zelda Classic is like.

-James

SUCCESSOR
07-22-2013, 11:37 PM
I would like to see more quests packed with ZC but I don't think that should include previously released quests. I don't see any fair way to do it. I'd say quests included should be either the result of contests or community built for the purpose of packaging with ZC. This way it isn't just a question of quality. There are a great many quality quests and we couldn't possibly include them all.

Nightmare
07-23-2013, 12:36 AM
I would like to see more quests packed with ZC but I don't think that should include previously released quests. I don't see any fair way to do it. I'd say quests included should be either the result of contests or community built for the purpose of packaging with ZC. This way it isn't just a question of quality. There are a great many quality quests and we couldn't possibly include them all.

Fair enough.

Edit: Hey SUCCESSOR, how about a "Tiny Quest" contest? Shadowblazer did Tiny Quest years ago, has four screens, and showed a good deal of designs that I basically equivocated it to a small demo. Basically run a contest where you only have four screens of Overworld and can only build 4 levels, almost like creating a new demo, can use any tileset you want, and generally less taxing on new quest developers than building huge 20 hour quests and overworlds.......

-James