PDA

View Full Version : Out of the blue

WindStrike
07-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Dear CJC,

Why is it called "Out of the blue" when it comes out of nowhere? Shouldn't it be out of the black, since that way it'd be dark and no one can see?

I feel obligated to bequeath you with a boot to the head called something like a uhh.. Happy Birthday? I've never heard that term before. I came up with it while drinking with my fellow goats one night, and they told me yogurt was the only way you could make a porcupine disassociate itself with existence, as a preemptive measure to counteract all those mice populating the sun.

That said, you've lived for 25 years now. I know it's been hard, I know I'd go crazy if I couldn't play tennis with a pair of pizzas too, but you know, you've still got a relatively short life ahead of you - that is, compared to the life of the universe, which, if we assume that life is just a figment of the interconnected imaginations of everyone that exists, you've lived as long as existence has. So with that, I leave you with the only thing possible.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/4/10/3290287/NiceBirthday.jpg

Your mentally corrected uncertifiable potato-kun,
-Wind

PS: I am 100% serious about that initial question, cause seriously... yeah. Anyhow, enjoy your 25th birthday man.

CJC
07-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Dear CJC,

Why is it called "Out of the blue" when it comes out of nowhere? Shouldn't it be out of the black, since that way it'd be dark and no one can see?

I suppose it's because the sky and the sea are reflections of each other, and neither is possessed of actual color. So the appearance of both comes 'out of the blue'.

...So now I'm a Quarter Era with Cheese. Funny, I should feel different. I mean, this is the magic number where people can suddenly rent cars. Shouldn't some grand knowledge have descended on me at midnight or something?

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

erm2003
07-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Happy birthday CJC!

rock_nog
07-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Well, there is the phenomenon known as "bolts from the blue," where lightning strikes miles away from where a thunderstorm is happening - so you may be seeing clear skies, but a lightning bolt from a thunderstorm miles away might strike you. It's rare, but it happens.

Tim
07-09-2013, 04:37 PM
...So now I'm a Quarter Era with Cheese.

I might eat you then... if it's the habanero one.

Happy Birthday.

mrz84
07-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Happy Born Naked Into The World Day, CJC! :kitty:

Gleeok
07-10-2013, 04:40 AM
I thought that "out of the blue" was a sea thing, like: "all of a sudden out of the blue a shark bites my dick off!".

Happy birthday CJC!

MasterSwordUltima
07-10-2013, 05:57 AM
When my buddy turned 25, he sharted for the first time. I was lucky enough to not have that happen to me. Happy Birthday fellow 25 year oldian.

Xyvol
07-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Huzzah! Hope you had a good birthday!