PDA

View Full Version : Are there any musically inclined and/or talented folks present?

Majora
06-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Because I could really use some original compositions. No I'm kidding, well sorta. ANYWAYS.

I am simply seeking someone to make dungeon-type music based on certain tracks I will provide.

I might be stating the obvious here but to anyone who decides to give it a shot, ignore the mood of the tracks themselves when making the dungeon versions. The dungeon versions should range from mildly serious to downright somber and foreboding. Bleh, I dunno. you guys are the musical experts. I'm just rambly and indecisive.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Dechipher

Dechipher
06-28-2013, 12:51 AM
I am a professional musician, so I guess that counts.
I like writing for quests, but will not write music for a quest until it is 100% percent complete and I deem it to be a worthwhile work.

SUCCESSOR
06-29-2013, 12:51 AM
I am a professional musician, so I guess that counts.
I like writing for quests, but will not write music for a quest until it is 100% percent complete and I deem it to be a worthwhile work.

Well aren't you a snooty patootie!

Gleeok
06-30-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm actually a professional musician as well. Though I've got way to much crap to deal with on that front right now so I'd have to charge you (even though I do like writing VG music). Sorry. :\

Majora
06-30-2013, 07:59 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10691609/what/fff/sadvwerg.png

I regret making this thread wholeheartedly. Someone please nuke it.

Glenn the Great
06-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I regret making this thread wholeheartedly. Someone please nuke it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but only in extreme circumstances are threads removed from the public record. It has to be this way to encourage people to not post stupid shit they might regret later :shrug:

Gleeok
06-30-2013, 09:45 PM
It's a perfectly legitimate topic. There people out there that would enjoy writing you some music. All you need is someone musically inclined with some spare time to reply here. :)

crazyal02
07-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I have some musical experience, though it would be nice if I could see some screenshots/footage of the dungeons to make music appropriate to the mood of each.

SUCCESSOR
07-14-2013, 02:13 AM
I am actually a musician too. Unfortunately for you my skills in making VG music are pretty terrible. I have been meaning to try midi making again but that's in a list of 100 things I've been meaning to do.

Don't regret this thread. Its a good one. Youll find someone.

Valientlink
07-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I'm a musician but the only MIDI making software I have is a MIDI Maker trial. It can't make large files and tends to crash... a lot.
You may want to look over at PureZC and request something in developers exchange.

Majora
07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I'm a musician but the only MIDI making software I have is a MIDI Maker trial. It can't make large files and tends to crash... a lot.
You may want to look over at PureZC and request something in developers exchange.

PureZC is run by nazi teenagers. I've been banned for a while.

As a suggestion for MIDI software, have you tried Anvil Studio? That's the only one I know of and it has suited my purposes.

SUCCESSOR
07-15-2013, 02:41 AM
I think I will check out Anvil Studio. It's been a good few years since I have tried composing midis. My problem is I play mostly rock music so trying to compose video game music makes me feel like my brain is splitting open.

Valientlink
07-15-2013, 06:11 PM
I've tried anvil before, but it's a bit... well, complex. MIDI maker is extremely simple. My way of keeping the trial forever is having it stored on a VirtualPC savestate, but it's still not as good as it could be.

lord_jamitossi
08-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Hey, I do music!

I haven't posted here in years. I was just coming around because I've been making random midi tunes to try out a new system of modes I've been tinkering with. My main interests are in avant-garde art music :)

But you haven't posted (or I missed) what tunes you want to be composed from. What did you have in mind? I've been thinking lately about making a matching set of dungeon, mini-boss and boss music. The midis I've been working are a set of harp and ocarina tunes, like how Sheik teaches Link all the different songs in OoT. Each one uses a different mode and has a different quality.

If you let me know what you'd like me to write - in terms of mood, colours, atmosphere, or about using some specific material, like a tune or a dance rhythm, I'll try my hand at it. Whatever I write I like to release publicly, I think music should be free, so while you get to choose what I write I'm not going to give exclusive access :).

zcfan27330
03-14-2015, 02:16 PM
sorry the only music I'm special in is atonal. Unfortunately for you and me I try tonals, but I say this sucks and just start over

TK8305
04-13-2015, 07:42 PM
I've tried anvil before, but it's a bit... well, complex. MIDI maker is extremely simple. My way of keeping the trial forever is having it stored on a VirtualPC savestate, but it's still not as good as it could be.

Where can I find this Midi Maker? I tried Anvil but like you said...kinda complex and would like something more user friendly.

Valientlink
07-06-2015, 12:56 AM
biggest bump ever, but you can download midi maker for free from this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52PC1tODq0 (actually leaked by the author so not illegal)

Chris Miller
07-06-2015, 01:26 AM
biggest bump ever, but you can download midi maker for free from this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52PC1tODq0 (actually leaked by the author so not illegal)

You're banned.
....from having any of my delicious peach cobbler.

Anarchy_Balsac
07-06-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm capable of making Chiptune tracks with famitracker, but not based on other songs.

Jaydeadone
07-07-2015, 03:05 AM
I just play guitar...so bleh...
J~

zcfan27330
04-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Because I could really use some original compositions. No I'm kidding, well sorta. ANYWAYS.

I am simply seeking someone to make dungeon-type music based on certain tracks I will provide.

I might be stating the obvious here but to anyone who decides to give it a shot, ignore the mood of the tracks themselves when making the dungeon versions. The dungeon versions should range from mildly serious to downright somber and foreboding. Bleh, I dunno. you guys are the musical experts. I'm just rambly and indecisive.

Could I interest you in some 12 tone

Chris Miller
04-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Make it 13 and you've got a deal.