PDA

View Full Version : 8 direction movement

LinktheGoron
06-26-2013, 03:49 AM
I'm not sure if the original legend of zelda allowed diagonal movement or if it was just added for the Gameboy games but it's really helpful for fighting large numbers of enemies and I think the game would benefit a lot from having it. Walking into enemies while trying to simply face them is frustrating and it's also hard to sidestep while attacking, so please consider it.

crazyal02
06-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Isn't this already a selectable rule? Or, if you want it to be applied to the original quests, I'm pretty sure you can do that yourself anyway.

Ventus
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Yes its rule like crazyal02 has pointed out.

Just look in the drop down menu Quest-->Graphics-->Sprites-->Link
Then there is a check box on the bottom right called "Diagonal Moment" just enable that and its done. Link can now move in 8 directions.

Simple as that.

XMuppetSB
06-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Keep in mind that the diagonal movement feature can be a bit buggy. Although nowadays, I've been using it regularly in my quests.

Zim
06-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Keep in mind that the diagonal movement feature can be a bit buggy. Although nowadays, I've been using it regularly in my quests.

I wouldn't call the 8-Dir movement buggy per say, people have said that because Link walking diagonally isn't compatible with some of the items and combos that were never intended for use with anything other than 4-Dir.