PDA

View Full Version : Enable Quickload Quest on the ZC Launcher

fruitvark
06-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Quick question, I played aroudn with that feature, looked at the docs, and searched here, and I can't figure it out... What does "Enable Quickload Quest" do?

Thanks!

SUCCESSOR
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
I believe, never used it, that when you launch ZC player it will load the quest immediately instead of taking you to the name/load or whatever its called screen.

fruitvark
06-13-2013, 09:28 PM
I believe, never used it, that when you launch ZC player it will load the quest immediately instead of taking you to the name/load or whatever its called screen.

You know, I was hoping it might do something like that, but it doesn't seem to...

fruitvark
06-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Does anyone use this feature successfully? Is there a trick to it?

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Does anyone use this feature successfully? Is there a trick to it?

I just did a quick test. It loaded the quests saved on slots one and two without any hiccups. Are you sure you have a save on the slot you are loading?

fruitvark
07-25-2013, 12:28 AM
I just did a quick test. It loaded the quests saved on slots one and two without any hiccups. Are you sure you have a save on the slot you are loading?

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. I'm switching computers and still in chaos.

I did make sure I had games saved in slots 1 and 2, still no dice.

SUCCESSOR
07-25-2013, 12:32 AM
If there is a game save on the slot you are loading it should work. Is there an error in the log?

fruitvark
07-25-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm using the ZC Launcher, clicking the checkbox for "Enable Quickload", putting it on Slot 1, and then clicking "Launch ZC Classic". It just goes to the menu of saved games instead of launching the one in Slot 1.

fruitvark
07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
If there is a game save on the slot you are loading it should work. Is there an error in the log?

No, but weirdly, enabling logging in the rules causes the game to erase all the save files when I quit the game. When I uncheck that option and erase the log file, things go back to normal and I can save games again.

Here's what the log file said while it was enabled:

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Removing timers.
Freeing Data:
Bitmaps...
Subscreens...
SFX...
Misc...
Script buffers...
Screen Data...
Deleting quest buffers...
Cleaning maps.
Cleaning tile buffers.
Cleaning misc.
Armageddon Games web site: http://www.armageddongames.com
Zelda Classic web site: http://www.zeldaclassic.com
Zelda Classic wiki: http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/
Removing timers.
Freeing Data:
Bitmaps...
Subscreens...
SFX...
Misc...
Script buffers...
Screen Data...
Deleting quest buffers...
Cleaning maps.
Cleaning tile buffers.
Cleaning misc.

SUCCESSOR
07-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Wait doesn't it log automatically? I don't remember ever turning it on or off. It certainly shouldn't cause save problems. I'm not sure how much I can help at this point.

fruitvark
07-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Wait doesn't it log automatically? I don't remember ever turning it on or off. It certainly shouldn't cause save problems. I'm not sure how much I can help at this point.

Well, thanks for hitting me back on it. I don't know what's going on.

When you have a quest open in ZC Quest editor, and you go to Quest --> Rules, on page two there's an option you can check or uncheck to log things in the allegro.log file. When I have it checked, it makes Zelda classic erase all saved games every time I exit and re-open the program. Without the box checked, the games save normally, but nothing gets logged. Weird...

Gleeok
07-25-2013, 03:14 AM
ZCL should ship the options to ZC as command-line arguments. I'm not really sure what's going on there. Are you using 2.5?

Saffith
07-28-2013, 02:00 AM
There seems to be a problem with the setting in the launcher. If I enable quickload, it defaults to slot 1, but doesn't actually load it. If I switch it to another slot and back, then it works. Apparently, the default is incorrect somehow.

fruitvark
08-12-2013, 02:58 PM
There seems to be a problem with the setting in the launcher. If I enable quickload, it defaults to slot 1, but doesn't actually load it. If I switch it to another slot and back, then it works. Apparently, the default is incorrect somehow.

That solved it. Thanks, Saffith and fellow ZCers!