PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

mrz84
06-09-2013, 01:11 AM
After some savings I decided to get some Wii Points (2000) and get a game or two for the Wii. I got Mega Man 10 (I already had 9) and was trying to decide what else to get. I know its gonna be either a VC or WiiWare game. I'm hesitant to get any NES games as the 3Ds has been putting some/most of the same games I'd get on Wii there and SNES I'm wondering if it will see 3DS releases or not and therefore am hesitant to get something there (though I'm thinking of maybe Super Metroid as I haven't finished that game outside of emulation/Justin Bailey hack) and as for WiiWare, I thought of getting FF4 the After Years, but its also available on PSP with some stuff not in the WiiWare version (Lost Babil, Interlude, etc) so I'm wondering what you all would suggest. I can list the games I have for both WiiWare and VC on Wii so that that helps narrow it down.

VC (SNES)
Mario Kart
Mario RPG
Uncharted Waters 2
LttP
Ogre Battle
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Breath of Fire 2
Super Punch-Out
Kirny Super Star

VC (N64)
1080: Snowboarding
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis
Paper Mario
Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
Majora's Mask

WiiWare

Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Zombie Panic in Wonderland

Thinking of getting:
FF 4 After Years
FF My Life as a [King/Darklord]
[if I get VC]:
Startropics 1
Faxanadu
Sin & Punishment
Yoshi's Story
Harvest Moon (SNES VC)
Metal Marines
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Mario World

ctrl-alt-delete
06-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Hack and get all of the above for free.

Do you have a PSP? If so, don't get After Years--get it for PSP.

Super Metroid is on sale for .30 right now, that'd be a good choice. Secret of Mana, Yoshi's Story, or Sin and Punishment also. Don't do Harvest Moon--even though it's brilliant, there are modern alternatives.

Ventus
06-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Hack and get all of the above for free.
I completely agree with this. ^

mrz84
06-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I checked the Super Metroid price, and that's only for the Wii U (I only have the original Wii right now). Also, I have several modern Harvest Moon games and always wanted to play the original at least once, which is why its on my list of possible games.

As for hacking, I have no idea how to, and also don't really wanna risk damaging my system.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-09-2013, 03:18 PM
I checked the Super Metroid price, and that's only for the Wii U (I only have the original Wii right now). Also, I have several modern Harvest Moon games and always wanted to play the original at least once, which is why its on my list of possible games.

As for hacking, I have no idea how to, and also don't really wanna risk damaging my system.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Assuming you have an older wii, bootmii to boot2 creates a backup so if you ever do anything that could harm it, you can restore it. (It will tell you if bootmii can be installed as boot2)

Make sure to only install the ntsc US version of wads. (Bittorrent and I'll pm you some links, but google works too.) (You can install pal or ntsc jap versions, but they need to be region free) -- this is the main way people "brick" their wiis. (Only a banner brick, easily recoverable.)

Also, usb loader is amazing. So much faster than discs and prevents your drive from getting screwed up, which happens more often than you would believe on wii.

If you want to buy a hard drive and pay for shipping, I'll copy all of my games over to it. (Roughly 200 or more, all of the good ones and several shovelware games in anticipation of my daughter gaming.)

Also, dios mios allows you to play gamecube backups as well, and I have all of the good ones of that too.

It's completely safe. Just make sure you backup your nand if bootmii installs to boot2 and you're good to go.