PDA

View Full Version : Attack on Titan

MasterSwordUltima
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Anybody else check this show out? I had about 10% interest in watching any anime recently, but once I saw this - holy shit. I haven't seen a show with this calibur in....well, never. So far I would grade it as the perfect dark action series. My fiancee said (and many others have claimed) that the ending of the first episode alone made her sick to her stomach, because of the emotional value of what happens. It's not super gorey and blood everywhere, but it gives this sense of imprisonment, fear, and hope all at the same time.

I highly suggest anybody with 30 minutes to spare to watch an episode on crunchyroll. This shit will be huge.

WindStrike
06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm currently keeping up with it, and my god, it just gets better and better as it goes. My only complaint is that god dangit, why is every episode a cliffhanger, but that's actually a good thing.

Animation quality of the show is absolutely incredible, and the style using thick black outlines is actually really cool. Assuming you're cool with the fact that the author of the manga (which the anime is directly based off of) literally doesn't care at all who dies along with the sheer violence and despair, watch it.

Oh, and music composed by Hiroyuki Sawano. In other words, it's epic movie music, but better.

mrz84
06-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Haven't watched it yet, but my younger bro Chris does and keeps me up to date on it. If I can find it myself I'll watch it.