PDA

View Full Version : More than one secret combo per screen?

GHfett
05-31-2013, 12:41 AM
I am new to Zelda Classic. I've been using it for about a week. I'm using 2.5. I am getting the hang of things, but I have a question. I want to have a Burnable Bush that, when you burn it with the Candle, disappears revealing a Strike Trigger. Then you would hit it with a weapon or item and a Cave would be revealed. I can't get it to work correctly. When I burn the bush, it reveals the Strike Trigger and the Cave at the same time. Basically, it skips a step in the puzzle. I figure that it's possible to do this. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Could someone who knows how to do this please walk me through the steps of getting this to work?

King Aquamentus
05-31-2013, 11:37 AM
You might be able to utilize inherent flags to do this. It is a technique that doesn't have much documentation, but is usually used to create bridges you can both pass beneath and walk across.

Here you go: this is documentation on how to create said bridges. Using the techniques described in it, you should also be able to create bushes and strike triggers as you desire.

http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?59782-Ever-wanted-an-over-under-bridge-Read-on!

GHfett
05-31-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm still confused on how to get this to work. Thanks for the suggestion though. After reading that thread I thought of another question I wanted to ask. When I make a Bombable Wall in a Dungeon, and Link is supposed to walk through the hole, he walks over the wall. Is that just a normal thing with this program, or is there an easy fix for that?

Zim
06-01-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm still confused on how to get this to work. Thanks for the suggestion though. After reading that thread I thought of another question I wanted to ask. When I make a Bombable Wall in a Dungeon, and Link is supposed to walk through the hole, he walks over the wall. Is that just a normal thing with this program, or is there an easy fix for that?

There should be a double of the combo that looks like the wall with the "overhead" combo flag associated with it, check your combos and replace the walls where the bombable wall is.