PDA

View Full Version : My dream to make this game...

Multishadowmew
05-27-2013, 10:37 PM
I am dreaming to make Link's Awakening HD. It's a huge task that I wish to undertake. I am asking if Zelda Classic's capabilities are able to make something like Link's Awakening HD. I am planning to make it look like Minish Cap as well as sound like it, or even make it sound better. My friend is currently re-orchestrating the soundtrack for Link's Awakening. So I ask, IS Zelda Classic able to do something like this? Also, would anybody wish to help make this game?

Gleeok
05-28-2013, 12:10 AM
By HD do you mean high resolution graphics and a 16:9 projection? If so the no. ZC is more or less a Z1 clone, game, and game engine. Even screen scrolling would be hard as it still follows the rules of Z1 screens. I would look for something along the lines of a "sidescroller" game creator (if one even exists) if you have no programming experience.

Multishadowmew
05-28-2013, 12:17 AM
Thank you! I was wondering... I would really like to complete this task. It will essentially have more characters, more side quests, and maybe a day and night cycle if I could work it in to the mechanics of the game. I KNOW I'm being very ambitious here, but I want to be able to make this as great as possible.

Gleeok
05-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Oh wait! I got Link's Awakening confused with The Adventure of Link!!! Sorry! O_o ! ..(two games that I haven't played in forever)

(I feel silly now) :P

ZC does have 8-bit tiles, 256x224 resolution, and Tilesets that contain tiles from all the GB games! The only thing missing is screen scrolling and aspect ratio.

Whether or not you have programming experience or a zelda-type engine in mind would be a factor in how fast you can get started on this. There are also some ZC games you can check out as a reference to see what it might look like.

Multishadowmew
05-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Does it have Tilesets from Minish Cap? Seeing as how that's the style the game will be in. And can the world be edited to be a certain size? It will have to be as big as Link's Awakening.

ShadowTiger
05-28-2013, 01:08 PM
There are some tilesets for Minish Cap in development, yes, actually. I don't want to link you to one specifically out of the possibility that it will limit your search, but there are people working on them and leaving information in the AGN and (http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?104-ZC-Developers-Exchange) PureZC (http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showforum=12) Developers Exchange forums.

You can make the world as large or small as you'd like, really. There are no restrictions. It's all done in a screen by screen basis, as laid out on a map that's 16x8 (Or 8x8 for interiors) but side-warps can easily connect different areas that look and act identically but extend beyond that range of space.