PDA

View Full Version : StarTropics 3!?!?

MasterSwordUltima
05-27-2013, 09:38 AM
So I can't ignore all of these rumors spreading around that this internal project at Nintendo that they "never thought they would do" or whatever, is most likely a StarTropics game for the Wii U. I am probably the biggest fan of this series, having played this shit to death countless times - so I gotta say that I am mad psyched for this. Can't wait for the Nintendo event baby!!

ShadowTiger
05-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Okay, this is why I would get a Wii-U. Aww yes. I so rarely make a fanboy'esque moveset for a Smash Bros game for a character, but I do have one for good ol' Mike. The Spike Boots are a weird, weird move.

Aliem
05-27-2013, 03:19 PM
I've heard this rumor too, but beyond the tenuous "never expected IP" bit, is there anything concrete that is making people think it'll be Star Tropics 3?

I mean, based on that information, it could be anything from Duck Hunt to, god forbid, Quest.

Star Tropics 3, though, would be incredible. I haven't played Star Tropics in god knows how long.

mrz84
05-27-2013, 04:25 PM
I've played, but never finished the first Star Tropics and this is this first time I've heard of a rumored Star Tropics 3 or this "never expected IP' rumor. In any case, I'm sure its something to look forward to.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-27-2013, 04:30 PM
“Entry of a new title produced by that popular game maker!”
“New information get on titles attracting attention overseas!”
“‘That news’ the world has long-awaited announced at last!”

Metroid by Retro.
Hmmm...
Kingdom Hearts.

King Aquamentus
05-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Okay, this is why I would get a Wii-U. Aww yes. I so rarely make a fanboy'esque moveset for a Smash Bros game for a character, but I do have one for good ol' Mike. The Spike Boots are a weird, weird move.

Up B - Baseball bat? :3 Yesh I've been thinking about this too.

MasterSwordUltima
05-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Both Metroid and Kingdom Hearts are not dormant Internet Projects. Kingdom Hearts isn't even Nintendo property. There really isn't a huge list of first party games that have been dormant for so long - MAYBE, Earthbound (except Mother3 was released a few years back, and Lucas was even a part of Brawl, so I doubt that).

I am so flippin' excited at the prospect of whippin' yo-yos and throwing axes and psychic brainwaves and aliens and every island is something-cola.

King Aquamentus
05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Also, Mike Jones has never used a boomerang before. Mindblowing, isn't it? Maybe that will change.

Glenn the Great
05-28-2013, 11:12 AM
As awesome as it would be to see another Startropics game, that series doesn't lend itself as well to the Wii U's gimmicks as a title like Duck Hunt.

That being said, the concept of gun violence against ducks kind of goes against the grain of Nintendo's "all-inclusive", Nintendogs-loving audience.

So maybe instead of shooting ducks with the wiimote, you'll instead be taking friendly pictures of them with the new gamepad, a la Pokemon Snap.

ShadowTiger
05-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Up B - Baseball bat? :3 Yesh I've been thinking about this too.

Nah. Up-B would be the Spike Boots. Remember how Mike just went and hit every enemy on the screen? That means he's capable of warp capabilities, or at least as guided by the necessitations of the boots. He'd basically "appear" about eight feet above where he was, and do an Aerial Falcon Kick. He'd land a little higher than eight feet or so in front of where he started, but he actually starts much higher than where he just was. So that's a decent-enough recovery move. I wouldn't have called it a Down-B move because of the distance he appears above himself. If not for that, it'd be a Down-B move. Unimportant though; it'll never happen.

King Aquamentus
05-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Nah. Up-B would be the Spike Boots. Remember how Mike just went and hit every enemy on the screen? That means he's capable of warp capabilities, or at least as guided by the necessitations of the boots. He'd basically "appear" about eight feet above where he was, and do an Aerial Falcon Kick. He'd land a little higher than eight feet or so in front of where he started, but he actually starts much higher than where he just was. So that's a decent-enough recovery move. I wouldn't have called it a Down-B move because of the distance he appears above himself. If not for that, it'd be a Down-B move. Unimportant though; it'll never happen.

Heh, I always figured that for more of a Down-B attack. Something similar to the Bowser Bomb

MasterSwordUltima
05-29-2013, 05:45 PM
His costumes are just, blue shirt and jeans, or blue shirt, jeans, jean jacket. Hah.

I wonder if his attacks would be opposite of Lucario, in that the more damage he takes the weaker his weapons/skills get. That was always the way it worked - Super-Nova reverts back to Morning-Star reverts back to Island Yo-yo. And then in ST2 it did that with the psychic shockwave attack. He's still got Tink's Axe, the Dagger, and the Katana - which he would end up throwing. Plus throwing rocks, the bola's, baseball bats and balls, sling-shots, those spikey ball things that split, etc.

Might even see some cool interactions with ROB, since ROB was the Nav-Com for Sub-C.

Aliem
05-30-2013, 03:22 AM
So maybe instead of shooting ducks with the wiimote, you'll instead be taking friendly pictures of them with the new gamepad, a la Pokemon Snap.

...Pokemon Snap U would be a genius move. I'm not a pokemon fan, at all, but I loves me some Snap.