PDA

View Full Version : Reddit users, unite!

ctrl-alt-delete
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ey4ga/i_am_a_survivor_of_the_moore_ok_tornado_sought/

Good friend of mine, upvote. Comment. Discuss.

Glenn the Great
05-24-2013, 12:02 AM
That's intense. I'm glad I don't live in a part of the country prone to natural disaster.

Gleeok
05-24-2013, 12:23 AM
*Thinks about how to go about actually robbing a bank during a tornado...*

ctrl-alt-delete
05-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Outside looking in, easy to think about how you'd grab all the money you could find.

When it's in your back yard, all you care about are helping people--giving money, finding animals, cleanup, etc.

At least, halfway decent people anyways...

ZTC
05-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Outside looking in, easy to think about how you'd grab all the money you could find.

When it's in your back yard, all you care about are helping people--giving money, finding animals, cleanup, etc.

At least, halfway decent people anyways...

and then there's the looters....

that thread was a nice read though

Dechipher
05-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I could be wrong, but I haven't heard about looting being an issue with tornadoes in Oklahoma, like ever.

Mercy
05-25-2013, 04:30 PM
I could be wrong, but I haven't heard about looting being an issue with tornadoes in Oklahoma, like ever.
You do not hear about it because it is often difficult to prove. I mean, that might be your laptop I acquired right after the storm but did anyone see whether I found it in my yard, a public thoroughfare, or snagged it through a broken window? Besides, do you really want to go through the hassle of police reports and whatnot to get back a used and potentially Gaia-abused laptop when your insurance company is willing to buy you a new one? The laptop could be anything but whether we are talking looting our fellow citizens or looting businesses, the basic premises are the same. Catching and convicting is often more trouble than it is worth and does not always result in goods retrieved in usable condition if at all. Insurance claims on natural disaster losses are usually easier and faster to process than theft claims.