PDA

View Full Version : Different quest passwords for different access levels.

ShadowTiger
05-18-2013, 09:40 AM
So imagine you give your quest to some testers so they can test it. Rather than having to post screenshots with no idea of the internals of the bug, they can actually go inside of the quest to see the screen/map number for themselves, and any ZQuest-savvy users can see why the bug is happening and offer suggestions. There could be a "L1 Quest Password" so that absolutely no writing of the quest, or even ripping of the graphics or music or script, could occur. Only analysis.

Or, imagine people working on a group quest where one person is doing the graphical work, and some other people are doing the building of the quest. There could be a password to build the quest, but not alter anything graphical or Dmap related. Only access to build from the combo page, without affecting the combo page itself. Screen data and tools are of course accessible.

So this is where having multiple access levels comes in. It's a pretty interesting concept, yes?

Fausch
07-01-2013, 06:26 AM
As a beta tester, I applaud this idea. There's a lot of times where it's hard to convey things by 'this thing that I think I'm supposed to bomb isn't working in that one screen with the skeletons in Level 2'

Zim
07-23-2013, 01:34 PM
The ZC debugger available in Zim.quest shows the current dmap and screen.

ShadowTiger
07-23-2013, 02:35 PM
The ZC debugger available in Zim.quest shows the current dmap and screen.
That'd be an interesting thing to make available for public use via a link in your signature or something then.