PDA

View Full Version : [3.0] multi-threading

Majora
05-15-2013, 07:39 AM
that's it. Wherever possible have something run on its own dedicated thread since I'm sure that single-core CPUs have gone the way of CDs and homo neanderthalensis.

Okay I lied.

Implementing rendering filters like emulators use (namely SNES emulators) (which would probably go with the HD point below I think)

The ability to specify how many screens at a time you want to edit, more than 1 subsequently enabling Z3 scrolling in the editor. Even if it wouldn't be smooth scrolling and just 16 pixels/1 tile (or other unit) at a time.

Burn the current CSets/palette system to the ground, feed the ashes to pigs, then burn their poop. Just have one big 16-bit (65k colors?) palette. With the option to simplify the palette down to 256 colors or any other value (hey, maybe someone wants to make a game and watch monochrome game)

HD! For example, with the current ZC engine, (if it were possible, damn it allegro) everything would still "be" 320x240 pixels but even deeper under the hood, each pixel would really be 4/8/16 and be purely cosmetic. Not sure if that made sense or not. ... and now that I think about it this would probably go with the filter bit above.

That's it.