PDA

View Full Version : A few more suggestions/requests for future releases.

Zim
05-14-2013, 10:20 PM
One thing that would make a lot of things go a lot faster quest building wise is a function for ZQ for the HOME and END keys on the tile page to go to the start and end of the pages, and another thing that would be great is a goto page by number function for when selecting tiles for sprites and other things that require a tile be selected, sometimes when I boot up ZQ after rebooting or something and I needed to go all the way to the end of the page where my custom graphics are kept (to keep most of my custom work compatible with other tilesets like DoR in case of import to page) I have to hold PGDN for days to get there.

Another thing that would be amazing, but not so essential, would be a Screen->Flag[whatever the number would end up being]==true that would somehow flip the whole screen exactly backwards by changing all the tiles to their respective opposite side of the page, and combo->flip horizontally. I know it sounds like a lot of work for not much payoff but symmetrical giant dungeon, castle, and other things could be made a lot faster with such an option.

Gleeok
05-14-2013, 10:29 PM
There's also the 'g' shortcut which brings up the "goto page" dialog.

Zim
05-14-2013, 11:12 PM
There's also the 'g' shortcut which brings up the "goto page" dialog.

I just tried that and it didn't work. :/

Or was that also a suggestion?

Anyway, another thing that would be awesome is a screen copy/paste function that would work like Overdraw like the tile screen wherein the whole screen is copy/pasted except for the blank 0 combo combospace positions.

Gleeok
05-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Err... I know there is a goto page shortcut because I once fixed a bug with it... ??

Try right-click->goto maybe?

SUCCESSOR
05-15-2013, 03:15 PM
P

Also doesn't END go to the last page? Maybe Ctrl + END?

Zim
05-16-2013, 02:23 PM
P

Also doesn't END go to the last page? Maybe Ctrl + END?
Ctrl+End goes to the end of page.
"Err... I know there is a goto page shortcut because I once fixed a bug with it... ??

Try right-click->goto maybe? "
It's the p button. I finally had the brilliant idea to reread the help documentation after all these years.

SUCCESSOR
05-16-2013, 04:09 PM
"Err... I know there is a goto page shortcut because I once fixed a bug with it... ??

Try right-click->goto maybe? "
It's the p button. I finally had the brilliant idea to reread the help documentation after all these years.

P

Gleeok
05-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Question: Who changed the key from 'g' to 'p'? ...Or was I just imagining the whole thing?!

SUCCESSOR
05-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Question: Who changed the key from 'g' to 'p'? ...Or was I just imagining the whole thing?!

Lay off the psilocybes. It's been 'p' since I've known(which hasn't been long).

Zim
05-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Lay off the psilocybes. It's been 'p' since I've known(which hasn't been long).

Done. I haven't ingested a bunch of psilocybes for years now.
&& I don't know what's happened with that p deal, I just found out about it last week.

Zim
05-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Combo class pointers too, like the talk about the enemy pointers, but for combos. It'd be great to have ComboSetData(Map,Screen,Pos,data,x,y,flag), where data, x,y, and flag set the data of the combo on Map Screen Pos#.

Zim
06-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Full Map Auto Layering!
Paste All to All pastes the Layer Data for each screen on the map to the layer, which is great for making all screens use the same maps for their layers throughout the entirety of the map.. That also sets the screen that is layered though, and the auto button on the layer menu sets the screen to the same screen as the screen as we're on.. It'd be great if we could set all layer maps via paste to all or paste layer data, then have a button to autolayer every layer on every screen on the current map. That way it'd be a way faster process to set every screen on a map to all have the same maps for their layers, and have the proper screens assigned to the layering data, just like the layer menu already does with auto except for every screen on the map all at once.

Here's a short presentation video for clarity's sake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vYqWjAhuW0

Zim
06-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Something a little more reasonable than the things I usually say:
Game->GetTileWarpScreen(warp,sscreen,sourcemap);
Game->GetTileWarpDmap(warp,sourcemap,sourcescreen);
Just like Screen->GetTileWarp and the other functions like that, but for Game-> Class instead so we can grab any tilewarp data from any screen. This would be very useful.
&& the sidewarps also, I don't really see myself using those though.

Zim
06-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Oh oh oh! Also it would be greatly appreciated to have a method of grabbing the Enemy list for the screens. That way I could make a function spawn the enemies on the list at the coordinates of the screen automatically when Link gets there.
The warps would also function a great deal better with a method of grabbing the Warp Return Point A-D's X and Ys.
The way it is setup right now I can warp Link to a scrolling screen to the exact place where the warp is only by using a special combo and finding it's X,Y.
The functions I wrote automatically find the destination screen's overall X, Y for the scrolling and place him on the right screen, and having a Game->GetWarpDestX(Warp,DMap,Screen) and Screen->GetWarpDestY(Warp,DMap,Screen) would surely optimize this.