PDA

View Full Version : [2.50] Error loading 4th.qst: new quest version, please restart game

LaularuKyrumo
05-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Same as title.... I just finished beating the 2nd Quest with max hearts so I could unlock the 4th quest, and I can't play it because I get that error message every single time.... I was hoping that I could re-open it and then save it as a new file to get into it and hopefully not get that message, but of course it's PW protected and I doubt I'm going to crack the password. That, and it might not even work. Couldn't find any mention of such an error in the 3 minutes of google-fu I tried before coming here.

Le sigh.:hopelessness:

ctrl-alt-delete
05-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Is 4th.qst in your directory? You can try to access it as a custom quest or I think typing Ganon as the name brings it up also.

SUCCESSOR
05-08-2013, 02:18 AM
You may also try downloading another copy of it just in case something happened to the file. I am not sure though. I have never played 3rd or 4th quest... *shame*

LaularuKyrumo
05-09-2013, 04:51 AM
I've got 4th.qst sitting in the folder, haven't touched it other than attempting to open in ZQ and resave (which doesn't work, damn you passwords!)

Did not know about the Ganon function though. Also, you can't access it as a custom quest, they tell you that you have to beat the 2nd quest first, and the OK is greyed out.

Will redownload 4th.qst and try again... was hoping that wouldn't have to be the problem as I don't wanna redownload the whole thing arrrg

Gleeok
05-09-2013, 02:17 PM
2nd quest - ZELDA
3rd quest - ALPHA
4th quest - GANON

You may also try downloading another copy of it just in case something happened to the file. I am not sure though. I have never played 3rd or 4th quest... *shame*

The 3rd is the best one. :) Just play Lv1 only and see how it goes.

SUCCESSOR
05-09-2013, 03:50 PM
The 3rd is the best one. :) Just play Lv1 only and see how it goes.

Well I haven't not played them for any particular reason. Just never got around to it. Probably because I have never beat 2nd quest on ZC or NES.

Zim
05-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I never tried the 3rd or 4rth quests either. I finally went to play 3rd and ran around for a half hour only to find one heart container and a few secret bomb spots where noone talks and a bush or two with 10 rupees, and no level 1! That quest is hard!

Gleeok
05-09-2013, 09:31 PM
I think there was a walkthrough or overworld guide to it somewhere IIRC... Damned if I remember anything more than that though.

I just remember the dungeon screen layouts/ enemy hords being top-notch in that the 3rd.

Saffith
07-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Did downloading again fix it? I'm not seeing this happen.