PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded today, but there's a problem

YoYoBuddy
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM
i cant play the f**king game. it says: Unable to create file "ag.cfg". Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption. Press Cancel to kill the program. WHATS WRONG :banghead:

CJC
05-03-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm not the best at troubleshooting these things, but maybe somebody else can help if you answer a few questions:

What version of ZC did you download? 2.5?

What operating system are you using on your computer? The game is known to have some issues with Windows 8.

Are you using the ZC Launcher program? Since they started working on version 2.5 I've found the game seems to run only when opened through the Launcher.

YoYoBuddy
05-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm not the best at troubleshooting these things, but maybe somebody else can help if you answer a few questions:

What version of ZC did you download? 2.5?

What operating system are you using on your computer? The game is known to have some issues with Windows 8.

Are you using the ZC Launcher program? Since they started working on version 2.5 I've found the game seems to run only when opened through the Launcher.

yes, i have 2.50

i own windows 7 starter

if it's to one with the ocarina of time boss key then yes

CJC
05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Then that's the extent that I know. Perhaps Gleeok knows more.

EDIT: I found the file in my own ZC 2.5 folder... I'm going to attach it to this post. I run the program on XP, but as far as I know there's no difference between the Windows versions of ZC.

Download the file and unzip it into the folder that you placed ZC 2.5 in, then try using the launcher again.

Gleeok
05-03-2013, 07:50 PM
You need to either
A) Make sure the zc2.5 folder is not in a place on your computer that is write-protected, or
B) Right-click->run as administrator.

PS: Awesome username.