PDA

View Full Version : npc scripts.

Gleeok
04-23-2013, 10:23 PM
There. I said it.

Basically make ghost.zh obsolete by incorporating all the cool stuff from it directly into ZC.
We would need a thin layer over the enemy<->script class and probably a whole lot of script code...yeah.
Just opening this up for future discussion.

CJC
04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Seconded. Outside saving space in a global script, being able to attach scripts to enemies and thus trigger cutscenes on screens simply by snatching control of an enemy (instead of dancing FFCs) would be a godsend. Having one script slot for each enemy slot on the screen... it makes me drool just thinking about it.

Zim
04-25-2013, 12:33 AM
I was also thinking about this the other day, because I would've liked to be able to set the homing factors and firing and things, I mean, have them be able to change under certain conditions without having to actually write up a ffc script that mimmicks the firing and homing by duplicating their pattern of functions and altering it that way, but instead be able to write an enemy script that changes those properties.
The only other problem that I could think of with this is that there would probably have to be some alteration of how ZC recognizes the enemies because of the fact that they change npc # when an enemy dies unless they are slain in the order of the maxEnum and then down the list, which is also something that, I don't know if the latter renditions of ZC do this or not, but that also doesn't apply to which enemies respawn when there is no enemy doesn't reappear flag on the screen and when the screen is revisited the game actually would choose the enemies in the slots as they were originally placed instead of saving the data to compensate for the fact that the enemies assigned via ZQ aren't going to be in the same enemy slots when the screen is revisited.