PDA

View Full Version : dungeon passageway/item cellar

red4q2
04-20-2013, 05:21 PM
i am making a new quest and was wondering if there was a way to match the cset of the passageway/item cellar to the individual dungeons? no matter what dungeon i'm in the passageway/item cellar is always grey its kinda out of place. also on the overworld i would like to make an area blocked off until you defeat all the enemies (like have a row of bushes become walkable ground after all enemies are beat).

Goriya
04-20-2013, 06:12 PM
As for problem one, you could always make individual screens for each Item cellar room on the same DMap by using the intawarp with blackout effect or something, which might actually be better, as then you could create different looking Item Cellars.Just remeber not to use any 80 screens :).

For the other problem, you place a flag 16(Or more) on what tiles you want to be walkable when you kill all enemies. Then go to secret combos and go to the MISC page. Click the box that represents which secret tile the bush is being changed to(Starting from flag 16(Secret Tile 0, which is the recommended one to use first.), it goes from left to right, all the way to flag 31(Secret Tile 15.)), click OK, and go to Screen Data, and go to the E. Flags(Enemy Flags) Page, and check either "Enemies --> Secret" Which isn't permanent, or "Enemies --> Secret is permanent" for the other effect, Please note that Permanent secrets do not take effect on NES DMaps.

Edit: So I made a mistake, "Enemies --> Secret" Says that there's going to be a secret on this screen, and "Enemies --> Secret is permanent" Must be checked with "Enemies --> Secret" to work.

red4q2
04-20-2013, 07:49 PM
thanks for your help.

Goriya
04-20-2013, 09:48 PM
You are welcome, if you have any more questions, either look through here: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?94600-The-ZQuest-FAQ-and-Resource-Compendium-(READ-BEFORE-POSTING)

Or if you can not find the answer in those tutorials, then ask away in this forum :P