PDA

View Full Version : What's good about AGN?

WindStrike
04-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Whelp, I realized recently that I haven't been a part of an online community in quite a while, so I figured I'd hop back on here and poke around some. Why did I choose here over somewhere else? Well, I can't really say I've been "active" here (somehow, I have over 400 posts, I don't know how), but there's something about the AGN community the grabs my attention. Maybe it's not particularly active, but for those here, the people here are friendly, mature, witty, sensible, and overall just a fun bunch of people. Personally, I prefer smaller communities like this rather than those large ones that have hundreds of people posting a day (lose track of everything, no familiarity with anyone in particular really).

So yeah, I'm back, hi guys, twill be more active, and just poking the question to other people here - why do you like it here?

mrz84
04-20-2013, 08:17 AM
The food is nice.

Really though, its the people here. They are (for the most part) been friendly and helpful to anybody who asked a question or wanted advice. Also, they're a hit at parties from what I've heard.

Beldaran
04-20-2013, 11:06 AM
the people here are friendly, mature, witty, sensible,

This makes me question whether you've ever been here before at all.

WindStrike
04-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Oh, everyone can be immature when they feel like it, but overall, I'd say it's more mature than most other communities.

... I just punned without realizing it. *face-palms*

rock_nog
04-20-2013, 02:39 PM
What's so great about AGN? I think this video explains it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRGX3v3_5yw
Seriously though, I'd say that it's something about how everyone has been here for so long. Over the years, this place has moved beyond a simple community to a dysfunctional family. I mean, there are certain people here I've argued with for years, and yet that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them being around. There's been plenty of drama and fighting around here, and yet, somehow this place has held together despite all that.

CJC
04-21-2013, 02:04 AM
It's the skin the IP board uses. Light text on dark backgrounds equals win. :playful:

Really, though, I'd have to say that the best thing about AGN is-

*Suddenly, CJC is abducted by extraterrestrials*

MADNESS!

Chris Miller
04-21-2013, 01:32 PM
The best part is, we can be complete assholes to each other, and not take it personally. :D

Glenn the Great
04-21-2013, 05:41 PM
...we can be complete assholes to each other, and not take it personally. :D

Which alternate universe did you come from?

Brasel
04-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Nice El Goonish Shive avatar.

SUCCESSOR
04-22-2013, 05:57 PM
We are like a dysfunctional family and though I forget how I am related to most of you I still have no qualms about asking you for money.

Chris Miller
04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Which alternate universe did you come from?

Well, it was somewhat different in 2002. :p
As for what universe, I'm not exactly sure. I do know the laws of physics there allowed me to blow up a whole building with a piece of catfish. o_o;