PDA

View Full Version : Help finding an old quest?

Echelon5
04-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone.

A little over a year ago I remember browsing a forum (I'm pretty sure it was this one) that had a sub-forum for a then in development quest that looked and sounded wonderful. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, which is why I've been unable to find it again. I do remember a few details about it:

It had a really extensive backstory, and was essentially a deconstruction of the entire Zelda mythos, with well meaning kings breaking up the Triforce out of grief and all sorts of interesting morally grey areas.

I believe they planned for the plot to branch depending on what the player did. There was multiple endings, where Zelda could even die or betray you. My memory is rather fuzzy in regards to this, but I do remember there being talk of RPG style decision making.

If I remember correctly, the player starts off in the lost woods as the son of a witch that brews and sells potions.

I'll post more details if I can conjure them up from the recesses of my brain, but I'm really hoping you guys can help me find info on it! I doubt it has come out, but I'd like to know whether or not it's still in development or hiatus or cancelled. Thanks.

SUCCESSOR
04-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Hey everyone.

A little over a year ago I remember browsing a forum (I'm pretty sure it was this one) that had a sub-forum for a then in development quest that looked and sounded wonderful.

The quest had it's own forum? Are you thinking of NeoFirst?

Echelon5
04-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Aha! That was it! Thanks a bunch, I was wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the thing.

SUCCESSOR
04-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Aha! That was it! Thanks a bunch, I was wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the thing.

I don't think there isa reason theNeoFirst forum can't be madea public archive. If you would be interested I can find out.

Echelon5
04-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I would indeed be interested.

XMuppetSB
04-21-2013, 09:30 PM
As far as I remember, Neofirst was put on hiatus indefinitely, and it was stated that development would not continue until post 2.5.

SUCCESSOR
04-23-2013, 03:59 AM
Echelon5 http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?143-NeoFirst-Planning-and-Discussion

Chris Miller
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey, cool. I've been looking for that too.
...can you believe I missed the forum completely? (embarrassed)
http://l.j-factor.com/zeldaclassic/NeoFirst_L.qst
That's the link, Echelon5, if you don't want to go rooting through the whole thing. :)