PDA

View Full Version : FDS mode?

maharito
04-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm not a regular here, but I played ZC ages ago and was delighted to come back and discover that 2.50 has now been released, complete with all sorts of custom goodness.

One thing I haven't been able to find, though, is either a quest or a "plugin" that allows you to have the sound effects/music/Zora sprite/etc. of the FDS version of Zelda no Densetsu. Ever since discovering that version on the net, I have started to enjoy playing my good old first and second quest with a fresh coat of paint. But I wouldn't mind having that for all my vanilla-style ZC quests...

EDIT: I realized this subforum is for improvements to ZC itself rather than ideas for quest-makers to develop; however, I think FDS sound should at least be part of the core experience and there should be a toggle for it in ZC's settings. A universal skin changer would be great, too, but it seems like that would be about impossible to make compatible with all the existing quests and their non-standard tile schematics. Take what you can get, I suppose...

SUCCESSOR
04-20-2013, 03:39 AM
There were different sfx and sprites for the FDS game? Is there online resource for these?

maharito
04-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Here's a good place to start:

http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda

Zim
05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
These sounds could and can be used by ZQuest to replace the other sounds, I have .ogg to .wav conversion software to do that, and then just replace the sound files in ZQuest with the ones added to the folder on all of the item and action screens, and via script... It would be a brilliant idea to put these into a hard coded thing in the sfx file though itself with a toggle like you mentioned.
I'm probably going to end up composing another entirely different sound track altogether by the time my quest is actually playable and mostly completed though.. Other people who are still making LoZ 1 style games though, these other sounds are probably preferred, they sound a little more punctual.