PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Wright Question

mrz84
03-29-2013, 06:13 PM
I've been thinking of getting into this series after watching the Phoenix vs Layton movie and reading some of the manga.

Which version of the games should I get though? DS or Wii? And what are the noteworthy differences?

erm2003
04-02-2013, 12:58 AM
If you can do them in order it would be best. Some of the story lines in the later games refer to the previous ones and it will just make more sense to work through them that way. There are a couple differences in how you progress through the game starting with the 2nd title. It mainly has to do with Psyche-Locks where you have to present evidence to characters to unlock them before they give you key information you need for your case.

I have played through the first two and enjoyed them a lot - enough to do at least one additional play through. I do own the third but got interrupted and never picked it up since. I need to start it over and get through it soon. They are a lot of fun to play and there are some good cases and puzzles to work on.

mrz84
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm aware of the order the games go in, my question is should I get the DS version of the first 3 games or get the WiiWare versions of the same 3? And what the differences between the DS and WiiWare versions of those 3 games are.

Though thanks for the info for the gameplay, that helps.

erm2003
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Oh ok. Well I bought the first one through WiiWare and the other two are DS copies. If you can find them I would go with the DS copies just for the portability. The WiiWare versions aren't bad, but the games do get long and it's nice to get up and move around but still continue playing if you want to.

mrz84
04-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks. I'll look around for the DS versions then. :kitty: