PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about AGN?

Lynker
03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I found out about it over at PureZC, though I saw it before that. Just never really looked around.

How about you guys? Maybe you made the site? :tongue-new:

Ventus
03-18-2013, 10:10 PM
I found out about a few months before I joined PureZC, I was looking up things about Zelda classic and this place popped up I was looking around this place quite a bit.

Tim
03-19-2013, 02:12 AM
Hell if I could remember. This was over 10 years ago.

Brasel
03-19-2013, 01:00 PM
I saw a small insert about Zelda Classic in a gaming mag back in 2001. I believe it was Game Pro. I looked it up online and joined AGN shortly after.

mrz84
03-19-2013, 07:13 PM
A CD with it I got in a magazine from EGM (or at least I think it was, I still have the CD so I'll check it later) years ago, similar to Anthony's got my attention and I followed the url to here and never looked back.

Glenn the Great
03-19-2013, 08:59 PM
During the Autumn of 2000 I was looking for previews online for the upcoming Majora's Mask, and stumbled upon a Zelda fansite called "The Great Deku Tree" which had a review of Zelda Classic and link to AGN.
I originally signed up to the forums to talk Zelda Classic, which led to me spending almost all my free time reading and posting, same as today's high school generation does with Facebook.

SUCCESSOR
03-19-2013, 09:14 PM
I came here to escape the law.

Aliem
03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
I came here to escape the law.
So far so good.

I found this place while looking for BS Zelda clones. When I was 14, I went through a fascination period with that game. I found the game itself was a bit of a letdown, but through my searches, found a Zelda Classic quest recreating the entire first quest with BS graphics. I fangasmed, and joined the forums. Though, for whatever reason, I opted to try out Open Zelda instead. Though now I pop in every now and then for the people. Lots of interesting, though provoking posts here.

erm2003
03-19-2013, 11:13 PM
I discovered AGN and Zelda Classic when I decided to search for a Zelda editor... and well it shouldn't be a huge surprise that my searches let me here. I lurked for a bit while developing my one and only released quest and joined when I started playing other custom quests and had to ask for some help.

Chris Miller
03-20-2013, 12:59 PM
It was back in early 2001, I was looking for info to make a rom hack of Zelda 1. Then I stumbled on Zelda Classic. Never did make that rom hack. :3

Tim
03-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Come to think of it, I think it was because I found PZC when looking for a Zelda editor..

rock_nog
03-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Hell if I can even remember. I was in high school at the time, I know that much, and it was either late 2000 or early 2001. I remember that much just because I remember some post about how while George W. Bush was being driven to his inauguration, someone posted a thread linking to a news article about how people had thrown things at his car, including "an egg," which I found hysterical (just, you know, the idea that someone would bring one single egg for the purposes of throwing). It had something to do with me getting into Zelda Classic, I know that much, but I can't remember how I found out about Zelda Classic in the first place. I think maybe I stumbled upon it after seeing it mentioned on some gaming website. But yeah, I discovered Zelda Classic, which led to me discovering the forums.

ShadowTiger
03-23-2013, 01:49 PM
A CD with it I got in a magazine from EGM (or at least I think it was, I still have the CD so I'll check it later) years ago, similar to Anthony's got my attention and I followed the url to here and never looked back.

Ditto, actually, though it was a December 2000 version of Computer Games Magazine. Year and a half of lurking, and I joined up in '02. To think, I could've been a mega-oldie, instead of a super-oldie. :rolleyes: :tongue:

Blanka
10-11-2013, 05:09 AM
I was just browsing around looking for a forum and came across this site in the process.

T-Storm
11-12-2013, 10:11 PM
I found Zelda Classic in seventh grade and was unable to get it to run. I finally figured it out earlier this year, and I joined today because my other gaming forum (Mossmouth) is basically dead.

bigjoe
12-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Some old free game downloads site. It mentioned a Zelda 1 Clone that had an editor coming out for it. That was all it took to draw my interest. This was some time in 1999, believe it or not. The registrations don't reflect our original join dates because we have since had a board change. I believe I may have even joined before Shadowblazer. :o

Zim
12-15-2013, 10:11 PM
I have a vague recollection of sitting in my room one day, which was WELL AFTER 2001 or whenever AGN launched, thinking that if I had my own .net site instead of a .com, what would it be?
And I thought of ArmageddonGames.net.

Later on, or maybe before, because I drink lots, I frequented PureZC as a non-participant and later on to discuss ZC in the forums, and then I came across AGN from there, as it was deemed the actual source of ZC. That being said I thought that AGN was probably more fitting of a site to participate in because it's the community responsible for the actual creation of ZC. That's when I decided to get involved with AGN and not just zeldaclassic.com or PureZC.
:)

MasterSwordUltima
12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Uhm, I was looking up RPG Maker 2000 tilesets in 2001, and so on. Originally MasterSwordOmni, because that name was just cool as shit, mirite? Then a few days later was MasterSwordOmni2, and then Ultima, because you know; password are tough. At least they were back in web 1.0