PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem

SUCCESSOR
03-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Any hardcore FE fans? I am wondering if the Wii U will get a Fire Emblem Title. From what I have read the new one for the 3DS has really advanced the series. I am a huge or Path of Radiance for the GC and only played a little of the Wii sequel. From what I heard it is but a shadow of the GC title's epicness. Anyone have the new 3DS title?

Any other games of the same genre that really shine? (Beside advance wars)

Ventus
03-18-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm not really a hard core fan of the series but I do like the two on the Gameboy advance. I also loved Path of Radiance.
I used to play it when my EX-Brother-In-Law came over with his games, Man so many hours me and him clock in on that game.

mrz84
03-19-2013, 07:09 PM
First heard about it in Nintendo Power back when a game for the SNES was being reported on (I still ahve that issue, because the art was awesome, and the article interesting) The one that was a remake of the first game with a sequel (can't remember the name, but meh). Despite my anticipation of such a game, I was saddened to never see it release in the US. In the late 90's/early 2000s, I discovered emulation and tracked down the game and played it (with a walkthrough that only told you the plot AFTER it had occured, which was nice) and was hooked. I found and played a few other SNES FE games (Geneology and Thracia) and found them both challenging yet still fun. I haven't beat any of them yet to this day, but meh.

Then Melee came into being and showed off Marth and Roy. Shortly thereafter, the series FINALLY got US releases, with the 2nd GBA game and onward (with the exception of a DS remake of that first FE game I mentioned before that for SOME reason, didn't get a US release yet) and I actually own a few. Sacred Stones (on the 3DS VC; yay Ambassador Status!) and Awakening on the 3DS (still on my 1st playthrough, derp) and have been looking into getting the other US released games for my collection (and have had little success finding copies that are in great condition AND under $20-30)

Overall, I'm glad the series has been given a chance by Nintendo and can only imagine what would have happened had the SNES games had been released like I had originally hoped for. But that's a different story, for another day/thread.

To answer your question, I haven't played much in the genre other than Advance Wars and the last one of that series I played was Duel Strike on the DS (I'm adverse to Days of Ruin not having any familar characters, and its changes to the series and such, but I haven't played it myself yet so I'm not passing judgement on it just yet).

And I'd like to apologize for my wall of text. :kitty:

SUCCESSOR
03-19-2013, 08:54 PM
I got into the series with Sacred Stones via VBA. I played it a little and was hooked. I tracked down a copy of Path of Radiance so I wouldn't have to play on an emulator and fell in love. The only complaint I had about the entire game was that the battle animations were very bland compared to the incredible sprite work of Sacred Stones.

An interesting thing about sacred stones, I bought the game for my ex because she had a DS. Before I bought it for her she played Max Payne a lot. After playing Sacred Stones she tried to play Max Payne again but when she put in the Max Payne cart in and turned on the DS it brought up Fire Emblem(the first GBA game in NA) and she ended up playing the whole game with the Max Payne cartridge.

mrz84
03-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a sort of ghost story of sorts. I've liked Sacred Stones so far (currently playing it and Awakening) and the world map is nice. The mucis, characters, and plot are are great, too.