PDA

View Full Version : Map starting tile bug

fireyf
03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
I am experiencing a bug where the screen numbers are all off by 1. When I first build my dungeon I set the warp tile destination of the entrance to the first room in my dungeon. This was working fine until I decided to go into quest->dmaps and mark the screens off for the map. While there I made the foolish mistake of entering the starting tile into the "continue" box. While at 00 it was fine, but once I entered the starting screen number when I played my level Link would enter the dungeon at the screen one number less than the screen is numbered. I had to change my tile warp to enter the screen one higher than the actual starting room. Also, my warps in the game were offset by one and I had to tell a flight of stairs to send Link one screen number higher than where he is actually going. On top of all this, Link's marker on the map shows up one room off after you go to the room the stairs take him. It appears to me that when these two parts of the program were written one array started counting at 0 while the other starts counting at 1.

Saffith
04-06-2013, 12:50 PM
This is something different than the normal DMap coordinate offset?

fireyf
06-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't come back to this thread when I hadn't gotten a response for quite a while. Somehow this issue magically fixed itself. I have no idea why. But yes, it wasn't just the coordinate offset. All my warps in the dungeon were coming out one room off only after I set a continue coordinate in the DMaps editing. By no effort of my own it started working right. Go figure. Thanks for responding though.