PDA

View Full Version : Begginer question: Using custom tilesets with the original quests.

jreid
03-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, I just discovered Zelda Classic and I don't completely understand the ins-and-outs.

I read through the F.A.Q, downloaded various tilesets and read the readmes, and skimmed the forums but I'm not finding any specific info on this.

I'd really like to know: is it possible to use one of the beautiful custom tilesets with the original quests?

Many thanks!

ctrl-alt-delete
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, I just discovered Zelda Classic and I don't completely understand the ins-and-outs.

I read through the F.A.Q, downloaded various tilesets and read the readmes, and skimmed the forums but I'm not finding any specific info on this.

I'd really like to know: is it possible to use one of the beautiful custom tilesets with the original quests?

Many thanks!

Oftentimes, the makers of the tilesets release the 1st quest made with that tileset. Here is one example:

http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=438

Your best bet may be to contact the creators of the tilesets themselves. Did you have a favorite?

The quest database is currently incomplete due to the construction of a new website. You can track it's progress at zeldaclassic.net.