PDA

View Full Version : Help with Roc's Feather not appearing.

AnarchyGTX
03-11-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm making a dungeon and I run into this problem I put a Rocs Feather in a room but hen I pick it up it doesn't go into my inventory please help!

ryunaker
03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Are you sure you are using a subscreen that supports it? You won't see it in your inventory, otherwise.

To confirm this, go to the Quest Menu, then DMaps, and find your active DMap. Under the Appearance tab, look up which subscreen you are using. Now, hit 'close' and 'done', then go to the Quest menu again, hit 'Misc Data' and 'Subscreens'. Select the one that you have active from the DMap window, and confirm if the Roc's Feather shows on this screen.

ShadowTiger
03-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll just move this into the ZQuest Help forum where it can get the help it deserves. ... Unless I post in it first. .. and here we go!

Essentially, it doesn't really matter which subscreen you use, because you can edit any of them. Any (active) subscreen that you see in Quest -> Misc Data -> Subscreens can be edited to include the Roc's Feather, or any other item that isn't already there.

To do so, we have to understand the subscreen editor (http://shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Subscreen_editor). Don't worry, it isn't nearly as intricate as it may appear.

Essentially, what must be done, is a new "current item" type entity must be added with the information for Roc's Feather, and slid into place in and amongst the other items, with all of the directional assignments filled. First, rearrange your item grid so that it's tucked in there neatly where you want it. Then, Edit the "Current Item" entity for the upper-left-most current item so that it's in position 0, and make the one on the right 1. Then go to the entity to its right, and change its position to 1, and the "left" to 0 and the "right" to 2. You get the idea from here. When the Roc's Feather has an ability to be referred to by the adjacent items in the subscreen, you can actually select it.

AnarchyGTX
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Thank you! :D