PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Partner Script Help

Xavyrr
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi. I'm new here. I've actually played with ZC for a long time, just not very in depth....

Anywho, I'm having trouble using Pkmnfrk (http://armageddongames.net/member.php?39668-pkmnfrk)'s Fairy Partner script (found here (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?90335-Fairy-Partner!)).

At first I had trouble compiling it, but I fixed the issue (DrawTile had an extra int added since the script's creation). However the script does not 'work'. Even if Link has the designated item (127), the fairy will not render.
Not sure why, haha. If anyone would be willing to help that would be awesome.

This is the script:
-=SPOILER=-

Steps followed:
Imported zscript, compiled, hit the << in global scripts with slot2 and active highlighted, hit okay, set item 127 in init data. No fairy. :(

So yeah. Thanks in advanced.

SUCCESSOR
03-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Make sure the required item is an equipment item.

(Haven't looked at the script at all)

Xavyrr
03-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Make sure the required item is an equipment item.

(Haven't looked at the script at all)
It is in fact an equipment item.

SUCCESSOR
03-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Well I looked at the script somewhat and I didn't notice anything that would prevent it from running. My guess is it is a small detail. Try adding some debug lines to the script.

Xavyrr
03-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately I don't know how... I guess I'll just do some tutorials on how to script and see if I can dissect it.

SUCCESSOR
03-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Unfortunately I don't know how... I guess I'll just do some tutorials on how to script and see if I can dissect it.

Sorry, I just assumed. A debug line is just a simple line of code that checks to make sure one part of the script is working as it should. Like:

if(Link->Item[theitem])Game->Counter[CR_RUPEES]++;

This line of code would cause rupees to increase every frame if Link has the right item. This way you know for a fact that Link has the item. Stuff like that.