PDA

View Full Version : So shameful, I can't even get into the first dungeon of "Stranded"...

ekolis
02-23-2013, 09:41 PM
No, I'm not a complete noob to Zelda - I did beat Zelda 1 and Link to the Past, and got stuck at the Thunderbird in Zelda 2 (ok, I did give up at Ganon in Ocarina of Time...) - but I just can't figure out this one level in "Stranded"...

So it's the Bomb Cave. Can't beat the dodongo guarding the entrance to the first dungeon without bombs, but I can't get the bombs! (Or the flask, but there is no flask in Zelda, unless you count potions!) I try all the paths in the bomb cave, but they lead to dead ends, and many of the rooms are dark and filled with spikes! AARGH! I don't even have a candle to light up the rooms (am I supposed to have found a candle somewhere already?), and there's this one in the very center of the cave which is dark and apparently COMPLETELY filled with spikes except a little patch near the door on the right, because no matter which way I go, I die in about 5 seconds!

Now if I didn't think this was a good quest, I'd just give up, but I've spent enough time getting this far and trying all the paths, and I really do like how well-made this quest is, so I thought I'd ask for a hint...

Thanks! :)

Jamian
02-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Hi, and thank you for your kind words, I hope you'll have fun with the quest :)

Here are a few hints:

- You do need to beat the Bomb Cave before obtaining the candle, so you'll have to deal with the dark rooms for now
- The dark room filled with spikes (and it is indeed) that you mention is a dead end, don't bother going there
- There are walkthrough walls in the bomb cave (if you have found the map, this should greatly limit the amount of walls you have to try), I assume you are missing keys obtained after going through these walls

PS: I visit this forum once in a while but I'm more often on the PureZC forums

ekolis
02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Oh, there are walls I can just plain walk through? Interesting, I wasn't expecting that! Thanks! :)

edit: good thing you can walk diagonally in this quest - makes finding these walls a lot easier in the dark!