PDA

View Full Version : Is zeldaclassic.net a valid website?

Nicholas Steel
02-23-2013, 12:37 AM
99% sure this email was spam/phishing email but I'd like to know if that website is legit.

SUCCESSOR
02-23-2013, 12:46 AM
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?95396-If-you-got-an-email-about-an-account-on-zeldaclassic-net

Nicholas Steel
02-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Thank ye stranger.

King Aquamentus
02-23-2013, 06:15 PM
99% sure this email was spam/phishing email .

ha ha ha ha no

Nicholas Steel
02-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Well it was a website I've never been to before, it offered me a username but no password in the email, and was expecting me to go there and log in... providing the website with one of my passwords. So it isn't too great a stretch to think that it was a phishing email.

King Aquamentus
02-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Well it was a website I've never been to before, it offered me a username but no password in the email, and was expecting me to go there and log in... providing the website with one of my passwords. So it isn't too great a stretch to think that it was a phishing email.

It's still funny as hell

Ventus
02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
I haven't gotten any email like this. But I have looked at ZeldaClassic.net and it looks pretty nice. :P
I'm guessing we were not supposed go to it yet huh?

ekolis
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Heh, it actually does look pretty nice. Though the black background and Harry Potter-esque font don't exactly scream "Zelda"...

Ventus
02-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah... The font looks pretty out of place. It really needs to be changed where it won't look like a " Harry Potter-esque font", lol.

Nicholas Steel
02-26-2013, 02:39 AM

Here's a quote of the email:

Hello franpa,

You have been added as a User to zeldaclassic by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to http://zeldaclassic.net/

Username: franpa
Password:

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.
Note the blank password. Oh and the email suffers from a "spf=temperror" causing Hotmail to flag the email as suspicious/place it in Junk.