PDA

View Full Version : Help with ZC 2.5!

77Dragonator
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello Armageddon Games,

I downloaded Zelda Classic yesterday and it worked just fine at first, but I now have a weird problem. When I go play a custom quest, I can play it just fine, but if I exit Zelda Classic, then Zelda Launcher won't let me play Zelda Classic again, even though Zelda Launcher works just fine, and even after I restart the computer. I tried downloading Zelda Classic again, but then I faced the same problem again. I checked and I do have all of the required files in the folder, as in the allegro file, the ag.cfg files, etc. If you can tell me how to fix this problem, that would be great. Thank you.

Chris Miller
02-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Try running zelda-w.exe instead.

77Dragonator
02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Try running zelda-w.exe instead.

That doesn't work either, but even before the error, since I have windows 8, the game flickers if I directly go to the game instead of going to Zelda Launcher first.

Chris Miller
02-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Windows 8. That may be the problem. A lot of bugs have been popping up with ZC and 8.
Any chance you can try running it in compatibility mode?

Ventus
02-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah... There is a ton of problems with ZC 2.5 On Windows 8. I know I have Windows 8 and It won't even run any more for me.
The only thing you might be able to do is try running a Virtual Machine with a Older windows OS on it.

That might work, But I'm not sure I haven't tried it yet.

77Dragonator
02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Windows 8. That may be the problem. A lot of bugs have been popping up with ZC and 8.
Any chance you can try running it in compatibility mode?

I tried compatibility mode, but it doesn't work. I'm sure it's not Norton, since I tried turning off firewall on other games.

I tried compatibility mode, but it doesn't work. I'm sure it's not Norton, since I tried turning off firewall on other games.

Actually, I think I know why I was having problems. I thought that you can just use one file to play the game, and then you can switch in between quests in the same file, but appartantly, I read the steps for loading custom quests in the game, and I learned that you have to use a separate file for other quests.

Actually, I don't think what I mentioned was the problem. I think the problem might have been when I extracted the files of a 2.1 quest (Link to Tortuga) into the 2.5 zelda classic folder. Now I am not sure if ZC 2.5 can play quests made in previous versions. If quests from previous versions can be played in ZC 2.5, such as Link to Tortuga, then how can I enable ZC 2.5 to play quests of previous versions. Also, if I wanted to play more than three quests, should I just download ZC 2.5 again, or is there another way of playing more than three quests? Thank you.

Gleeok
02-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi.
2.5 should be able to play older quests without a problem.
You should create a new save file for each game.
You can have more than three save files, so that is not the problem.

Can you elaborate more on what the exact problem is that you are having playing Link to Tortuga?

77Dragonator
02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Hi.
2.5 should be able to play older quests without a problem.
You should create a new save file for each game.
You can have more than three save files, so that is not the problem.

Can you elaborate more on what the exact problem is that you are having playing Link to Tortuga?

If I download the quest and then extract the files to the ZC folder, then I can't play ZC anymore, even after restarting.

ryunaker
02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Just a quick question...did Link to Tortuga come with an sfx.dat file or such? I have had that break ZC before.

King Aquamentus
02-07-2013, 01:06 PM
to my knowledge, no. Used the same sounds as default.

Phazite
02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Actually, I think Tortuga did come with a sft.dat file. I remember it changed the sea sound to a river sound.

77Dragonator
02-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Just a quick question...did Link to Tortuga come with an sfx.dat file or such? I have had that break ZC before.

Yes, but I think that it is the only quest that does that. Other custom quests seem to work just fine, so I'm fine without Link to Tortuga, but thank you for your concern.

ryunaker
02-07-2013, 05:29 PM
It's not the only quest that does, but there aren't that many that do. And if you just use the default sfx.dat file instead of the one that came with it, the quest will work fine, just without the replacement sound effects.