PDA

View Full Version : 2.50 help...(I'm an idiot)

LinkFan212
02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Ok, so last time needed help with 2.10, not 2.50. Well, now I need help with 2.5. I made my first dungeon and everything, but now I am trying to continue on with my quest. You get the Power Bracelet in L1, and I was wanting to make it were you can find a stairway when you move a rock. Don't go to any conclusions yet, cause as you can tell this is only the beginning. You may be thinking that I am going to ask how I do that, well yes and no. I am asking that, but also I have a couple other things.

So, I was using LBDT* for a helper for my quest. Now I canget to my point for this, but I wanted to make a cave, so a went to Room Type, made a string, used it and a guy, and used a take one item room type. (Forgot to say I did use a flag for pushing the block, and I made a new tile rock say it was a push heavy) So, after I did this, made sure I did the same with LBDT, and put the blue lookin' thing for warp a, and used a staircase looking thing. So I tested it, and when I went on to the screen, the guy was actually in the overworld, not in the cave, and you saw the staircase first thing you got in the screen. I went down the stair also, and it warped m to some strange cave, (not passagway, it was grey, but looked like cave) and there were keese. Any help?

My other question was that when I go into L1, I walk backwards, and if I put the start square on the beginning door way, it will make me go straight outside of the dungeon. I know it's confusing to understand, but if you get it, please help

Thanks!! *You made a great quest whoever made this quest! I love it!

ShadowTiger
02-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Ah, that sort of thing. Go to Quest -> Dmaps and find the Dmap that all of this takes place in. Then go to the Flags tab, and ensure that the first flag "Use Caves instead of Item Cellars" is unchecked (It doesn't actually matter, but it helps.) and that the "Special Rooms and Guys are in caves only" is unchecked. That's the important one. Most interior and NES Dungeon style Dmaps have that checked by default, because of the nature of the quest.

That stairs you took is warping you to screen 80, in all likelihood. It's the "placeholder" item room where you don't actually specify a warp, but you want to collect a special item from the room anyway.

Do yourself a favor and clear out room 80 complete with fully walkable combos. I find Room 80 to be an excuse to limit oneself.

Otherwise, I never did quite master the Link-Arrival Walking upward/downward thing.

(And just in case, for reference purposes, I'll move this into the ZQuest Help forum. Lots of good stuff there for those seeking references.)

LinkFan212
02-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Still doing what it has been doing, wonder whats the deal?

LinkFan212
03-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Alright, I need some more help. It's to do with the cheats. I have unchecked the "Enable Cheats" button. Though, everytime I press r on my quest, my rupees go up to its highest potential. Same thing with pressing H, health bar goes all the way up! I even restarted my game, but still from the very beginning, it goes all the way up, what do I do?! How do I permanently disable cheats from my game?

LinktheMaster
03-30-2013, 12:39 PM
It's probably because you're the one making the quest. :P

Basically, if ZC sees the "key" file in the directory, it will automatically enable cheats, even if they're disabled in the quest properties. If that key file doesn't exist, then cheats won't be enabled. This is meant to help developers test their quests.

LinkFan212
03-30-2013, 12:44 PM
So, like if I let you download and play it, you pressed a cheat button, nothing would happen?

LinktheMaster
03-30-2013, 01:03 PM
That's correct.

LinkFan212
03-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Alright, thanks, Link, the master himself! Lol

LinkFan212
04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Well, now I need some more help. (Remember I am new at this) My question is...WERE THE FREAKING HECK ARE THE WHISTLE RINGS!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? I don't want to be warped to the beginning of the over world when I play my Whistle, I want to be warped to a temple everytime I play the Whistle! The only way to do it is by placing Whistle rings, yet I don't know were the heck they are! Also one other thing. I don't want to use the small Triforce pieces when placing them and everything. Though, you know how in Z1, you warp out of the Level once you get a small Triforce piece, I want to do that with the big pieces. Though I used the Side Warp technique, all that happen was that I picked it up, not the regular Triforce fanfare, nor warping me out? What'd I do with both of these?

CJC
04-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Well, now I need some more help. (Remember I am new at this) My question is...WERE THE FREAKING HECK ARE THE WHISTLE RINGS!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
Click the Quest menu, go to Misc Data -> Warp Rings. I've never played around with the warp rings before, but as far as I know you specify a number of dmaps and screens that the whistle cycles through. The system has rings numbered 0 to 8, no doubt corresponding to the number of triforce pieces on the file (I'm guessing, because again, I never use whistle warps).

Also one other thing. I don't want to use the small Triforce pieces when placing them and everything. Though, you know how in Z1, you warp out of the Level once you get a small Triforce piece, I want to do that with the big pieces. Though I used the Side Warp technique, all that happen was that I picked it up, not the regular Triforce fanfare, nor warping me out? What'd I do with both of these?

Okay, you mean you want to use Big Triforce pieces, so there's only four? I think there's a quest rule for that.
...oh. OH!

You're setting the item to Triforce (Whole), aren't you! According to Zelda 1, that's the Triforce of Power (Which Ganon drops when he's defeated). ZC incorporates the refill/fanfare/warp into the Triforce (Fragment) item, so you'll need to use that if you want the warp to occur.
If you like, you can simply edit the Triforce item to use a different graphic, or use it as a reference to make another item perform its function. It seems that it triggers a side-warp and a sound-effect on pick-up, as well as cutscene type 1 (I wish the item editor had pull-downs with the names of these things, instead of just numbers. Meh, c'est la vie!)

LinkFan212
04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, first thanks for the Warp ring thingy, it now really will help me! Also, I only want 3 pieces of Triforce, that's why I named my quest "The 3 Forces". Unles I can get a big tutorial of how to use scripts and make it were you only need 3 pieces, I need more details. Like, there are 3 dungeons towards the end of the game, so I just kind of want to make the traditional Zelda Triforce feel. Is there a way of doing that using scripts, cause I kind of want to use scripts in my game...

CJC
04-08-2013, 12:55 AM
There is a check box (well, two) in Quest->Rules->Items, about halfway down on the first tab, that says 'Big Triforce Pieces'. This combines pieces 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, and 7+8 into a single pickup (at least I think it works that way, I didn't have time to experiment with it).
Immediately underneath that is another rule that says '3 or 6 Triforce Pieces' (or something similar).

With both of these checked, your quest will only track three pieces of Triforce, which sounds like what you wanted. I believe the piece your dungeon grants is based on its listed level, so you'll want to play around with that to make sure it works correctly.

I wish there were better tutorials available, but we're just starting to get this place back into working order. The Help option, though long to read, is a good place to check if you're stuck. It's not perfect, but it does have the descriptions of the various quest rules and combo types.

LinktheMaster
04-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Hey, LinkFan. Just wanted to let you know that you may want to take a look at the The Comprehensive ZQuest 2.50 Tutorial (http://zcguides.celestialrealm.net/tutorials/main/start) that Nick and myself have been working on. While it's not fully finished (we haven't gotten to more advanced 2.50 parts yet), it covers most of the basics for making a Z1-style game. :)

LinkFan212
04-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Alright, I will defiantly check it out!!

LinkFan212
06-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Alright, I know how to do the warp things for the Triforce, and I know about having to use the fragments. Though, I can not figure out how to only use 3!! Also, I don't know how to make them fit perfectly in the Triforce area on the select screen. So, please don't mess with my quest if you plan on helping me, but I put a download below for my quest and I need someone to fix it to where you only need 3 to continue in the game, and where they fit perfectly in the select screen Triforce. So, if you can fix, I will love you forever (Just humor), and you will be put in my credits with a HUGE THANKS!!!!! Please help if you know what I mean, and if you want, you can have a look of what the quest looks like and stuff, JUST DON'T MESS WITH ANYTHING BUT THE TRIFORCE SITUATION!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zka7a4q84tg08i2/The_3_Forces.zip

ShadowTiger
06-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Probably best to unpassword it first.

Anyway, from the Wiki (http://shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Quest_Rules#Items):

Big Triforce Pieces
- The number of Triforce pieces needed is halved. See Level 9 Entrance.
3 or 6 Triforce Total
- The number of Triforce pieces needed is reduced from 8 to 6. If Big Triforce Pieces is also turned on, it is reduced from 4 to 3. See Level 9 Entrance.

From there, it's a matter of seeing what happens with the Triforce Frame. You can also make your own graphic for the frame and for each piece that rests in that frame and go into the Subscreen editor. The rest is simple enough.

LinkFan212
06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Thank you! I'll be messing with it and finally get the quest done!! I think I have no more questions, and want to thank ALL of you for the help!! You will all be in the credits, so be sure to check out my quest when it is done! :D

LinkFan212
06-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Well, see now when I get the Triforce from the dungeon, on the select screen it doesn't show I have it, and I have done everything you said, what's the deal?

Zim
06-16-2013, 02:53 PM
You would also need to go to the subscreen that you use in the menu Subscreen, Active Subscreen. Select Large Triforce frame, select your framing, and then the tilebox of the triforce pieces itself will get larger, and select a large triforce piece.
The subscreen doesn't automatically update either, you have to do that yourself.

LinkFan212
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm stumped. I did everything you guys told me to do with the subscreen, and then when I collect a Triforce piece, nothing is there. Actually, at that when I do press enter, it turns into the passive subscreen, not active!! I have TRIPLED checked all the Dmaps to make sure they all are New B+A, for passive and active, still NOTHING. So can someone please just download the quest and show me what to do, the password FOR NOW is "wind waker", exactly like that...:(

Zim
07-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Actually, at that when I do press enter, it turns into the passive subscreen, not active!! I have TRIPLED checked all the Dmaps to make sure they all are New B+A, for passive and active, still NOTHING.

Okay, okay... Again, you have to set the ACTIVE subscreen information via Misc->Subscreens->THEACTIVESUBSCREENYOU'REGOINGTOUSE.
From there, select 'Use big triforce pieces, and the ZQ also has a Large Triforce Pieces frame that is not selected by default. You must select that by clicking on the frame and finding the proper frame on the tilesheet.
There is another box to the right of that that is a single tilespace for selecting the actual triforce piece itself.

If the active subscreen (on pause) is also the passive subscreen, you obviously didn't edit and select the ACTIVE subscreen.
To get the desired result then, you must select the proper ACTIVE subscreen for your DMAPs, either before or after you've edited it to cater to Large Triforce Piece graphical representation.

LinkFan212
07-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Do you have a youtube account? Cause if you do, can please make a video tutorial, cause I'm just not accomplishing anything with reading. Please, just so I can get this done...

I am reading what your saying, but please just someone make a Youtube vid. for this...

LinkFan212
07-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Well now I need help with the MIDI thing. When you go to Quest -> Andio -> MIDIs you can loop and load you own MIDI. So I tried loading one of my MIDIs yet it said it had an error loading, so what would be the problem?

Zim
07-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I haven't ever had a problem loading midis.
What O/S are you using?

LinkFan212
07-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Huh?

Zim
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
O/S == Operating System. I.G. Windows XP, 7, Linux, etc... Not that I would be able to help you with midis based on that, but perhaps it's a bug with your particular O/S and ZC build combination.