PDA

View Full Version : Boomerang Bug

cbailey78
01-30-2013, 03:15 PM
I can't throw my boomerang northwest. I remember way back then people reporting this bug long time ago and I used to be able to throw my boomerang northwest before, but now since the 2.5 stable release, This bug has returned. Is anyone else experience this problem?

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Did you change Keyboard at all? Typically it is caused by a limitation within the design of a myriad of Keyboards.

cbailey78
02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I have my keys set to Z for B and X for A.

Nicholas Steel
02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Sorry, what I meant was "Have you tried testing with another keyboard?" because it is generally a limitation of the keyboard it self and not the software or O/S.

ShadowTiger
02-09-2013, 05:49 AM
I had the same problem using the arrow keys when RCtrl was set to A and RAlt was set to B. I changed B to RShift and now I can throw the boomerang to the northwest. Strangest thing.

Nicholas Steel
02-17-2013, 09:28 AM
It's to do with how the keyboard is wired and the micro controller inside it. Most keyboards are wired so that certain key combinations will prevent other key presses from being detected by the keyboards micro controller.

Under such circumstances the only things you can do are:

1) Try another keyboard.
2) Change your key bindings to new keys, check if you can use the new key bindings properly, if not then repeat the first step and change the key bindings again.