PDA

View Full Version : Ye Olde Video Games

SUCCESSOR
01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
Anyone like to find old systems for cheap and fix em up? I do. And I have a whopping 7 systems that are in need of parts or repair to prove it. I just got a nes console(bare) for $5. I picked up a copy of Paperboy for $3(great condition too), a power cord for a 50 cents, and fished out a set of video cables, put it all together and the thing worked like a charm. 8 and a half bucks for an NES with a great game. I have all three marios lined up and a copy of Final Fantasy for $15(in beautiful condition). I haven't decided if I will sell it or keep it for my own dirty pleasure.

I also have two SNESs. One I've had since I was like 11 or 12 and the other is a SNS-101 that I picked up at a yard sale for $3(bare console). I got a hold of a couple Multiouts. Bought a nintendo controller and a copy of Street Fighter II for $10 bucks. I have a copy of Mario Allstars + Super Mario World that I've been carrying for over 10 years. Only recently found out it's a copy that shipped with debug mode on. Power cords are a bitch. For mine I got a generic power cord for 50 cents and I am gonna buy a fitting to wire on from radio shack. For the SNS-101 that I plan to sell I might try to find an original cord or order something similar off the interwebs. That system I need to open up and do some repair.

Other projects are a GBA SP that I've had for years. I found it on the side of the road just after high school. It had flown out someones car window. It needs to be resoldered to be able to charge So I had planned to set up a wireless charging dock for it. I may get back to that soon. I also grabbed a $5 bare Dreamcast. Probably get that one running and burn any game worth playing and sell after I get bored of it. Also a bare psp 3001, ps2 that needs minor repair, my Xbox 360 that broke down(might sell as is)... probably something else... Oh I have a Gamboy that works but it has a black part on the screen.

I am hoping to find a cheap Atari 2600 someday. Also saw a copy of Chrono Trigger for $60 obo on CL last night. I would loved to have been able to make an offer on that.

Ventus
01-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I know I love finding old consoles. :3

I don't buy as many old consoles as I used to, (Used to buy a ton of NES systems and clean them up and sell them for a prophet to people).
The last I bought was a Atari 2600 and a 5200. The 5200 I can't even play the controller doesn't even work. But what did I expect... I mean it only cost me nothing!, I found it sitting in a dumpster. :D

Brasel
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't really fix them up, but I have an original Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, an NES, as SNES, a PS1 and a Dreamcast. I got the Dreamcast right when Sega stopped making them, so I got it brand new for $40. I still play it from time to time. All of them still work pretty well with the exception of the Gameboy. It has to be shorting somewhere, because it seems to work some times when I power it on, and others it doesn't.

SUCCESSOR
02-04-2013, 05:09 AM
I didn't start fixing them out of desire. It's a skill developed out of necessity.

Ripped open my NES today. Cleaned it all out and disabled the lockout chip. The thing loads games beautifully. Beside Ninja Turtles which I think I need to open up and give it some extra elbow grease. I don't remember that game being so %$#@ing hard.