PDA

View Full Version : Snow..!

SpykStorm
01-17-2013, 08:16 AM
In Alabama, we don't get accumulating very often. We're supposed to get are first snow event since 2011 today. Kinda exited about it.

Share some winter storm stories! :D

Also, when did they start naming winter storms? That seems to be new to this year.

Ventus
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I haven't gotten any snow this year. But we did just get hit with a pretty good size Ice Strom. It has encased everything in ice. you belive how many times I fell due to the icy stairs. <_<

SUCCESSOR
01-17-2013, 03:01 PM
We had some snow a couple days ago. It was very surprising as it is usually either too hot or too cold to snow here. It stuck a little but as soon as the sun got to it it melted then turned to ice the next night. Not enough for a snow man anyway.

SpykStorm
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm watching snow fall right now. It's falling pretty hard, but it just now started sticking. It's a pretty sight.

There supposedly some thunders now heading our way.

Brasel
01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
We got some snow today.

I remember one year it snowed so bad that I couldn't drive my car up the hill to get to my dad's house. During that same storm, I saw a dude fly down the interstate at 70 mph. I saw him flip his truck. I helped him out of the truck and drove him to the nearest gas station. I couldn't drive him home because he lived like 2 hours away, but his mom came to pick him up.

Phazite
01-23-2013, 01:17 AM
Lucky for me, I live in a desert. Unlucky for me, this is also true during the summer.

Aliem
01-23-2013, 04:49 AM
I live in south-western Montana, so snow is normal here. In recent years, though, summers have been brutal, and we've been getting little precipitation; last January, it only snowed a handful of times, though when it finally did dump, we got almost two feet in the valley overnight. I know places out east get a lot more snow, but that was new for me. Not a fun few days driving, for sure.

Shane
01-23-2013, 10:04 AM
I never get snow. =(