PDA

View Full Version : Championship Game Time!

Gleeok
01-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Who's going to the Superbowl?

I've got the 49'ers and Patriots, although the 49'ers - Ravens would be interesting (although probably lower scoring).

[edit] gah.. as soon as I can add an NFC poll here also...
..ahh screw it just post who you think will win the AFC and then the Superbowl. :P

Nathaniel
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
The answer is the Patriots and the 49ers. The Patriots will win, because they can beat any team in the Super Bowl that isn't the Giants. However, I'd rather see the 49ers win. Being a Bills fan, I have seen too much of the Patriots being a dominant team, being reminded of that twice every year. It's interesting to see a possible return of the 49ers from when I started watching football back in the late 1980s when Joe Montana was QB.

Beldaran
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
The Falcons of this year remind me of the 49'ers in the 80's. I think they are going to go to the SuperBowl and lose to New England.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Patriots-49ers, and God I hope the 49ers win.

XMuppetSB
01-16-2013, 11:26 PM
I'll have to go with the Falcons, and I think they should win the Super Bowl for 2 good reasons:
1. They're the #1 team in the NFC.
2. I think it gets boring seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl all the time, not to mention, they really messed up when they played the Giants in the Super Bowl last season, much to my anger. Fortunately, the Giants missed the playoffs this season. So much for defending champs...

Plus, I was quite disappointed with the double overtime up-setter the Ravens pulled on the Broncos. But that's okay. The Ravens have no chance against the Patriots anyway, so I'm thinking it'll be the Patriots and the Falcons in the Super Bowl this season.

Gleeok
01-17-2013, 07:56 AM
It's gonna be hard for Atlanta to go through both SF and NE. I think Atlanta - Baltimore is a better matchup than Atlanta - New England. ...But I will be sad if SF loses another one. :(

erm2003
01-17-2013, 07:11 PM
I want to see a Jim vs John match up (Harbaugh - the head coaches are brothers for those not as familiar) which means I am rooting for Baltimore and San Francisco to win this weekend. I am not really devoted to any of the remaining teams, but as a Bills fan I am with Nathaniel. I don't want to see another New England win. If they beat Baltimore, I think either Atlanta or SF has a chance at beating them in the Super Bowl, especially since SF already played at and beat New England earlier this season.

Gleeok
01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
And... the 49ers going to the Superbowl. Suck on that! :D

Beldaran
01-20-2013, 11:54 PM
I got both games completely wrong. Nice.

erm2003
01-21-2013, 02:27 AM
And I both teams I wanted to win did pull it off. Nice! Now I don't know how to root for. I think I would be pretty happy with either team winning honestly. I may just sit back and enjoy the game for a change without having to worry about sides.

Gleeok
01-21-2013, 11:51 PM
The Pats game was a let down. It was looking like it was going to come down to the wire and then Baltimore ended up with two freebies to close it out. Lame.

XMuppetSB
01-22-2013, 11:34 PM
I was really routing for the Falcons, but the 49ers upstaged them in the end. Either way, I look forward to the Har-Bowl, the Super Bowl in which John Harbaugh and the Ravens take on his brother Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers. And of course, I'll be routing for the 49ers this season, though both teams are undefeated in the Super Bowl. In the long run, I think this will be an interesting game.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-01-2013, 07:32 AM
I was THIS close to picking the Ravens just due to Ray Lewis, but decided Brady would out...Brady them.

I hope the Ravens win, mainly because of Ray Lewis and not wanting the 49ers to have another Super Bowl victory. (Don't want teams to have more SB wins than my Boys.)

The 49ers will win though.

Gleeok
02-02-2013, 04:57 AM
I thought of the Cardinals Superbowl game when I read that. ..Sooooo close on that final drive. But yeah, no - they've got enough, and soon they'll have 10 or so years of QB problems. :P
Go niners!