PDA

View Full Version : NEWSFLASH: Stunned Enemies X and Y coordinates NOT WRITABLE via SCRIPTING!

Zim
01-12-2013, 10:52 PM
This is something that I would suggest be implemented into the final cut of 2.5.. However I didn't take the time to find the thread of suggestions.

In my scripting there is a need for writing the X and Y coordinates of NPCs, Items, etc.. because the screen moves while Link does in the Sidescrolling levels. Whilst they are stunned, however, the stunnage makes them stay put on the screen, despite the script telling them that their coordinates are supposed to be being altered.

Gleeok
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Newsflash: 2.5 is already RELEASED! :tongue2:

Zim
01-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Newsflash: 2.5 is already RELEASED! :tongue2:

Oh noes!

Saffith
01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
You must be doing something wrong. Moving stunned enemies works fine.

Zim
01-14-2013, 04:29 PM
You must be doing something wrong. Moving stunned enemies works fine.

Yes, sortof doing something wrong indeed: I rechecked just to make sure I didn't dream the whole thing up... and the stunned enemies do move along with my scrolling screen when they are not on solid combos. I know generally enemies shouldn't be on solid combos in the first place really but when they are on a solid combo like the tube or ground or whatever and they get stunned by the sword beam they no longer 'stay put' when the screen moves but they are stunned and stay where they are even though the script is telling them to move with the screen.
I didn't notice this at first, but I should've mentioned that what I was talking about only applies to enemies that are stunned while they are on a solid combo, and then the script attempts to move them.